Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Volunteer Helmet

Article about: Ok guys, I only collect luftwaffe. I don't know much about ss helmets, that is why I'm posting and asking for opinions on this. As far as I know, the SS volunteer helmet decals were applied

Not good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Volunteer Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi and welcome by the way. I would initially say not worth it just to strip whats the asking price? unless you already own it? if you wanted something to strip I have an SE66 M35 I am looking to get rid of if you would be interested feel free to make me an offer. Its a bit beat up with some pitting at the front but partially restored new paint etc. Cheers! Sean.
    I do own this one, I didn't pay too much since it wasn't a sure thing. I didn't want to strip it until I had valuable opinions on it. Thanks for the welcome. I'll stick with my Luftwaffe stuff

I suggest leaving it the way it is, as stripping it will not
    only be a lot of work, but will not make it any better
    or worth more.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I suggest leaving it the way it is, as stripping it will not
    only be a lot of work, but will not make it any better
    or worth more.........
    Flog it to a reenactor perhaps
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    The SS decal must be on the other side.
    Not necessarily. There are some reverse decal SS helmets. This one, however, is NOT a real one. Jim G.

Unfortunately, you can see that the decals were applied over pitted surfaces. It's still a solid helmet, in any case. And, Welcome to the Forum, by the way!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Welcome! It isn't very often we get your kind around these parts ...lady folk i mean
    As for the helmet, everything I would say has already been mentioned. Just leave it the way it is, IMO . You can pick up a decent shell to restore for a fairly low price.

This is a reverse decal M35 SS helmet - not in the best condition, but real. You can see the Police Adler decal under the expected Pocher runic shield. The Party Shield is the factory applied decal that was applied with the Police decal. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Volunteer Helmet   SS Volunteer Helmet  

SS Volunteer Helmet   SS Volunteer Helmet  

Hi , I have not read the rest of the post but this is not an original SS helmet , fake decals that are really poor in construction , nothing like originals. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , I have not read the rest of the post but this is not an original SS helmet , fake decals that are really poor in construction , nothing like originals. Leon.
    Leon, to be clear, I hope your comments are directed to the helmet that started the thread, not the helmet in post 18. Jim G.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast