Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?

Article about: hi guys lets try hard not to get personal about this its a debate about a helmet after all that be that helmet good or bad cheers ian

ian
    ?

Default Re: SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?

ive got to say it again the vent and decal look 1/2" to high to me
    usualy the bottom of the decal is just slightly above the start of the skirt
    just looks odd somehow
    it looks the same at diferent angles from the pics you have shown

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ian View Post
    ive got to say it again the vent and decal look 1/2" to high to me
    usualy the bottom of the decal is just slightly above the start of the skirt
    just looks odd somehow
    it looks the same at diferent angles from the pics you have shown

I agree with Ian. I have 40 plus model 35, 40 and 42 WWII German helmets and none of them have the air vents that high up on the crown. I own several ET's and none of them have airvents that high up. I realize that this may be an odd one from that company but it just doesn't make me feel comfortable.
    I would also like to see close up photo's of the makers mark, liner and decal please.
    Thanks
    Steve

Frankoo
    ?

nbr on the back skrt is 4891 and 66, regarding the photos i can only add that i have realy bad camera ( i cant turn the flash of ) and i dont know how to make a clouse photo of the decal but i will ask my frend like i already say in my last post! This decals were usualy put on by solders and not in factorys, thats why they are not corectly lined with pin, but regarding the position of the decal ewerything is like it shud, the decal is 100% original but becourse of the flash i cant make a proper photo for you to see that!!!

Quote by Frankoo View Post
    nbr on the back skrt is 4891 and 66, regarding the photos i can only add that i have realy bad camera ( i cant turn the flash of ) and i dont know how to make a clouse photo of the decal but i will ask my frend like i already say in my last post! This decals were usualy put on by solders and not in factorys, thats why they are not corectly lined with pin, but regarding the position of the decal ewerything is like it shud, the decal is 100% original but becourse of the flash i cant make a proper photo for you to see that!!!
    Every camera has a button with a flower (tulip) symbol especially for close-ups.
    A flash can be turned off you know or set on auto so that it doesn't go off when there is plenty of light.

Kurn
    ?

Maybe it is your camera,but the decal looks too high,too big,the vent looks too high,and the rivet looks too big.

Also if you would set your camera on 1 megapixel we would have bigger photos to look at as these are almost thumbnails.

Something like this ... click to enlarge

Frankoo
    ?

Sorry but this is best i can do with my camera, but i didnt quit understand did some of you questone the helmet it self, i can gurantie that its a legit M42 in disent state, with real 2ww period collor!
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Volunteer helmet / Handschar? 

this helmet's no good brother

theres a difference between having a real helmet and having a helmet that you want to be real. sorry, i just dont see a single thing i like about it.

the pics tell the story,,no good,,,not even close imho

?

Yes Francoo decal is bad ,sorry !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast