Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Winter camo remnant M40 ET

Article about: It is an M40 ET 64 lot number 842 single decal SS with a textbook well toned ET canted decal you see on these M40 ET's from time to time. The winter whitewash is in the recessed areas of the

Default Re: SS Winter camo remnant M40 ET

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    I keep coming back to look at these photo's. This is one stunning helmet. It absolutely oozes character and history. Real eye candy, a pleasure to just look at, let alone own! Thanks for posting this one here Doug
    Hi Jim, the reason I have quoted you is that I would advise all members to to the same Study this helmet. We see a lot of rubbish on the forum and good originals are few and far between.

Thanks Doug for posting it.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Winter camo remnant M40 ET
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jim, the reason I have quoted you is that I would advise all members to to the same Study this helmet. We see a lot of rubbish on the forum and good originals are few and far between.

Thanks Doug for posting it.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree Ade, Dougs excellent photo's provide great research material. They are crisp, clear shots showing the decal, liner, chinstrap, paint close ups, makers marks and lot numbers.Exactly the sort of thing that help to identify and diagnose the validity and authenticity of a helmet. Not that this one needs authenticating! If only every helmet was posted with such comprehensive photo's. The example has been set gentlemen!

Perhaps some kind of effort should be made to construct an archive of all the better helmets that have been shown on the forum. This would make it more accessible to other members for research - rather than having to look through old threads to gather information.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Perhaps some kind of effort should be made to construct an archive of all the better helmets that have been shown on the forum. This would make it more accessible to other members for research - rather than having to look through old threads to gather information.
    Good idea!

?

This is a tremendous example, apart from the decal i love the wear on it , certainly Doug has posted some fine original examples for study this week , many thanks mate
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I have seen some photos of Dougs collection of original SS Helmets which takes your breath away , hopefully he may post them here ???
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks Paul et al for the compliments.
    It is a pleasure to share with those who appreciate the history and hardship these men, no matter which side, went through and to study the beauty and intracies of the German combat helmet is a rewarding hobby in of itself!

Good photos of the detail areas of helmets is a must I feel, it can seperate bad from good and allows collectors of all experience levels alike to study, form opinions and enjoy that much better. I try to make the photos as if the collector is holding it in his hands and I take a lot of time photographing each helmet. In fact the pleasure of good results is as rewarding as enjoying the helmet and working on photography skills is part of the hobby I feel. I learned from some of the best as well, hopefully some of it has rubbed off but I still make millions of mistakes!

Paul, I cannot post anymore this week but I will endeavor to post some more helmet photos up over the coming weeks.

Cheers - Doug

This is the only one that I have seen in this condition with snow camo that is all original.
    You have a great helmet,Thank you for showing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2