Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers

Article about: I been wanting to display and take photos of some of the Original Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers that were found Germany with their various panels and camouflage prints. These are

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Some days take longer to expose truth or fraud.

Let it play out....... Knowledge always succeeds
    After a false start, it is playing out nicely - although admitting you also sell copies doesn't help your case here, more a hindrance really. "Muddies the water" as they say...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers
    P
    Many

Here are some photos of various Waffen SS Helmet Covers. You can see the “Print Runs” on each panel and they are different runs. You can see the colors are different on each panel and the SS Helmet Covers are a mixture of Oakleaf A & B panels. Most of the spring cover panels are Planetree #2 with some Oakleaf B. The foliage loops are a mixture of Oakleaf A & B & Planetree #2.

With the reproduction helmet covers they would use the SS Zeltbahn material and it would be the same panel print run and look uniform. Yes the early war SS Helmet Covers were the same print run panels with some variants.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    After a false start, it is playing out nicely - although admitting you also sell copies doesn't help your case here, more a hindrance really. "Muddies the water" as they say...
    If it muddies the water so be it. I am just telling the truth and here are a few photos of the Reproduction Waffen SS Type I Helmet Covers that were made from Original Waffen SS Camouflage material that I was selling on German eBay. Both Oakleaf A & B. I had this Un-Issued Waffen SS Camouflage material lying around and asked my manufacturer to make helmet covers out of them. You can compare the to the Original Un-Issued Waffen SS Helmet Covers and see the difference between the two.

I am not an SS helmet collector, but I am an SS collector of some seniority. I retain my earlier statement that this thread is very, very dubious and this site
    should and shall not the vehicle for aggressive and otherwise cunning persons to merchandise items of very questionable authenticity.

I own one SS helmet, a commercial black helmet with the two decals ca. 1935 or so, so I have some bona fides.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-30-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversAt the risk of drawing undue attention to myself, some of my collection, which is of a somewhat different type. But no less conflicted and no less rigorous in its demands
    of the truth.

Hello Friedrich,

I am impressed with your SS collection! Please understand I am not trying to pass off reproduction SS Helmet Covers as original! I understand that finding a horde of Original Waffen SS Helmet Covers sounds unreal. The most reproduced Waffen SS camouflage item is the helmet cover, sold at high prices and collectors have been burned!

I will post some photos of the close-up of sewing threads and steal rocker hooks. I love your collection and the book with the swatches for uniforms. You should expand your collection into Original Waffen SS Camouflage!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am not an SS helmet collector, but I am an SS collector of some seniority. I retain my earlier statement that this thread is very, very dubious and this site
    should and shall not the vehicle for aggressive and otherwise cunning persons to merchandise items of very questionable authenticity.

I own one SS helmet, a commercial black helmet with the two decals ca. 1935 or so, so I have some bona fides.

Thanks for the above. I have a lot more than what I pictured here. I do not collect combat uniforms because of all the problems.
    I thought you were selling these as original, hence my ire.

Many people have worked very hard to build this site to its high quality and we want to retain its virtues despite all the conflicts and contradictions.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for the above. I have a lot more than what I pictured here. I do not collect combat uniforms because of all the problems.
    I thought you were selling these as original, hence my ire.

Many people have worked very hard to build this site to its high quality and we want to retain its virtues despite all the conflicts and contradictions.
    Hello Fredrich,

I am selling Original Waffen SS Helmet Covers, but also sell reproduction ones made from original Waffen SS Camouflage material. Please see the difference. Please trust me I am in no way trying to deceive or rip people off. Please give me time and I will post photos of the details of the Original Waffen SS Helmet Covers.

First photo is of a 100% Original Waffen SS Helmet Cover

Second photo is one of the reproduction Waffen SS Helmet Cover

I am posting some details of the Original Un-Issued Waffen SS Helmet Covers. Fist is the thread used on these SS Helmet Covers. There are various colors, which tells us that these SS Helmet Covers were manufactured in a factory production line. What ever thread spool was in the factory workers sewing machine was used regardless of color. Most of the thread are a brown or fieldgray color, but there is some gray off white.

One in particular SS Helmet Cover, which this one is Sold, has many different thread colors.

Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers

Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers

More photos of various threads and how crude the sewing is on the foliage loops.

Unfinished foliage loops. Did not remove the thread.

Brown & Tan thread

Here a few photos of the ink "size" stampings. I do not know why, but most of the size 66/68 SS Helmet Covers were also stamped a size 1, even though they clearly fit a size 66/68 helmet shell! Most of the ink size stamps were in the rear panels on the fall side, but a few had them stamped near the front.

2 Ink size stamps on the middle and side panel!

Inked size stamps multiple times!

Ink Size Stamp on side panel near the front visor of the cover.

This SS Helmet Cover is Size Stamped "62" on the Spring/Summer Side and most likely was the top of the pile of size 62 SS Helmet Covers. This one is Sold!

Un-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet CoversUn-Issued Waffen SS Type II Helmet Covers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast