Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen ss forein volenteers double decal "mirror" pocher" decal will be mine hopefully soon

Article about: Yup shutting this one down, nothing more need be said about this fake helmet or this perfect ET fake, which if the OP wishes to post can begin a new thread.

?

Default Re: Waffen ss forein volenteers double decal "mirror" pocher" decal will be mine hopefully soon

We posted almost the same time Frank.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss forein volenteers double decal "mirror" pocher" decal will be mine hopefully soon
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen ss forein volenteers double decal "mirror" pocher" decal will be mine hopefully soon

Quote by andreasSS View Post
    personally.I Have "made" an IMMACULATE ET decal(wont say how but its totally indistiguischable from an original!!just wanted to see if i could do if and if i wanted to could make one with og matierials such as alu powder and other metal powdeerrs mixed BUT NEVER WOULD as when i got to sell it or my niece sells it one day(after i pass)even if its sold as a fake CHANCES ARE THE NEW OWNER WOULD SELL IT AS OG!!not something that i want to be a part of..just wanted to see how hard/easy it was and its very time consuming but its 100% possible to make a NEAR FLAWLESS FAKE(ie not recognisable except withjout scientific tests...)if yiou know me you know im honest as i hate getting RIPPED and would never wish that on anyone else.THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS GUYS!!very much apriciated.wont even bother with this guy anymore ,offered himi 10k for it 4 weeks ago (with the clause that it was og...should have told hime that i need a coa from MR HICKS...)saved me a headach..$$$ would NEVER have changed hands WITHOUT a COA from someone like Mr Hicks anyway...best regards andreas
    Having just read that I can't but help thinking of this.....

Green Gold - Blackadder - BBC - YouTube
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Having just read that I can't but help thinking of this.....

Green Gold - Blackadder - BBC - YouTube

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Samir, there is a period photo of one in Ludwig Baer's book.

Cheers, Ade.
    I think there is a period photo of the Croatian shield but not the Croatian runes in the book, pg 370.

?

I think Baldrick would be glad of the helmet in post #1 to carry his turnips in.

Thanks to Ned, I now need to get the boxed set of Blackadder DVDs out this evening......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

i know that that decal" does exist" i think its in one of kelly hickes books maybe ss steel??cant find my copy at the moment.thanks for your opinions..i emailed kelly(the "mirror pocher" actually looked good to me??but thanks for your opinions...ive bought alot of og stuff off this guy and after i told him i would pay to have the helmet "sent" to mr hicks(he does personal han on insopections for $80) he declined suposidy has a COA from "herman historica"???dont know them and would only "trust" a COA from Kellly Hicks anyway!!!and when i told this guy that i would be interested in buying it 1 month ago(i didnt let him know that i NEVER buy ss stuff over 1000$ or 1000euros without a COA from an "EXPERT" in whatever field!!)unless its a ss dagger or ss nco buckle/buckles...and he replied that 2 people are angry that hes selling it to me know that they wanted it first??IN 4 WEEKS HOW WOULD THESE 2 SUPPOSID OTHER 2 PEOLE KNOW THAT HE IS SELLING IT TO ME??HE des alot of buissness selling ww2 stuff and why would he inform peole that he sold the helmet to me and not them anyway!!!TOTALLY FISHY!!IM ALREADY RUNNING AWAY!!!commen scense suggests ITS FULL OF SHIT!!(sorry for the language...)must say though the "mirror shield" looks like a STELLRER REPRO(never seen one this good before!no offence but would love to learn how you guys can tell that then mirror one is fake in a blink of a winkk(i thought i was good...) but i guess that i can tell an ss NCO buckle brand an if og in 2 seconds flat!!THANKS FOR YOUR HELP VERY BEST REGSARDS FROM AUSTRALIA ANDREAS S SCHENK!!!!
    How do I know that mirror runic is a bad one in the "blink of a wink"? Because I own and have studied at length the real one from Kelly's book is the first reason.. The second reason is like your self proclaimed expertise in SS buckles I feel I can stand on my own two feet with most helmets in particular those from the branch of the SS including all their variants.

Is the mirror runic a "stellar repro"? Only to the inexperienced eye. This helmet needs both decals scraped off so it can be restored to its original state.

?

personally.I Have "made" an IMMACULATE ET decal(wont say how but its totally indistiguischable from an original!!just wanted to see if i could do if and if i wanted to could make one with og matierials such as alu powder and other metal powdeerrs mixed BUT NEVER WOULD as when i got to sell it or my niece sells it one day(after i pass)even if its sold as a fake CHANCES ARE THE NEW OWNER WOULD SELL IT AS OG!!not something that i want to be a part of..just wanted to see how hard/easy it was and its very time consuming but its 100% possible to make a NEAR FLAWLESS FAKE(ie not recognisable except withjout scientific tests...)if yiou know me you know im honest as i hate getting RIPPED and would never wish that on anyone else.THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS GUYS!!very much apriciated.wont even bother with this guy anymore ,offered himi 10k for it 4 weeks ago (with the clause that it was og...should have told hime that i need a coa from MR HICKS...)saved me a headach..$$$ would NEVER have changed hands WITHOUT a COA from someone like Mr Hicks anyway...best regards andreas
    AndreaSS, as Frank said you cannot make a perfect fake anything without knowing the exact properties of a real anything. Unless it is green gold. (That was too funny). I would be willing to place a low 5 figure bet with 2 to 1 odds in your favour that your fake can be readily distinguished by an experienced Mark 1 eyeball and magnification. No "science" can tell a real decal now, sadly new collectors want science to tell them what experience and hard work should.

All in the "information at your fingertips - fast food" world we live in now I suppose. Hard work and real experience is the first casualty. Unfortunately after reading a couple of the posts in this thread grammar, punctuation and common sense is the next casualty.

In any case now that you have made a grandiose claim as to the quality and skills as a fake decal maker please put your money where your mouth is and post it up.

I have to agree with Dougs post as the last line carries more weight than words can. In this hobby detailed photos will say more... than 1 word in a week!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There's something wrong with the original poster. Best move away quietly...

If there is nothing else readily to be put up front with documentation as stories have already been exhausted here. The best answers have been given by the top collectors,,so I would say...." Last call " Thread closing soon!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast