Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?

Article about: Hello, I realize that these items are heavily faked therefore I have my doubts. Nevertheless I would appreciate any expert opinion as it is not really my subject area. if the Cover is not or

?

Default Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?

Hello, I realize that these items are heavily faked therefore I have my doubts. Nevertheless I would appreciate any expert opinion as it is not really my subject area. if the Cover is not original, is the material itself original? Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?   Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?  

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?   Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?  

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?   Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Helmet Cover - opinions please?
    P
    Many

From the little I know about tailoring, that sewing looks amateurish and not done on a commerical machine. Badly shaped and badly fitted to the helmet.

?

Does anyone else have any opinions? I don't want to consign the Helmet Cover to eBay for reanactors on the basis of just one persons opinion. Any experts out there? In reply to the one comment received, the reason the cover looks to be poorly fitting is because the cover is a relatively small size and the helmet it is displayed on is a large size helmet. The cover also has a large rip at the front and therefore it is not possible to place it over the front lip of the helmet. The rear spring of the cover is also broken and you can see it half way up inside the helmet cover material. Thank you in advance.

The clips are not period, the stitching is crude, not one I would consider to be original.

?

Thumbs down

I would only buy it for use as a re-enactor! Way to much about it I don't like!
    Sarge

The camouflage material looks original (need to see in person), but the rocker hooks are a TOTAL FAKE! Which in turns means it NOT an Original SS Helmet Cover.

Here are some original rocker hooks aluminum anodized & steel.

A useful addition to the thread Sieg1940. The stitching on your example is also far superior quality around those rocker hooks than the photos in post #1 show.