Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?

Article about: I found this helmet cover on an auction site and would like to know what you guys think of it. Sorry, these are all the pictures I have of it. Thanks!

?

Default Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?

I found this helmet cover on an auction site and would like to know what you guys think of it.
    Sorry, these are all the pictures I have of it. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?   Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?  

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?   Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?  

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?   Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?  

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?
    P
    Many

?

Lots of view but no comments. I'm not bidding on it, I was just curious. The auction house says it is original. Opening bid is $500 and it already has 3 bids so it is somewhere north of there already and the live auction does start until Mar. 29. It would be nice to see it on a helmet and to have close-ups of the details OR is it so bad it screams FAKE?

MAP
    ?

Wish I could help. Real ones go many multiples of the current bids......

One day I would love one btw...

If you are a member of GHW, there was a post of a guy finding a hoard a few months back.....so pic's to compare to... but you need to be a member to view.

Error - German Helmet Walhalla
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the link! I found the thread - quite amazing! I saw the picture on that thread from the SOS and realized I walked right by those helmet covers, never realizing they were real! I thought that many covers together had to be reproductions... Oh well, at least I saw them and stood about 2 feet from them!

a lot of SS stuff was made in Austria fron old zeltban in the 70s. so not for me.

?

This isn't something I'd be pursuing.

?

Thanks guys! I'm not bidding on it, I was curious as to whether or not it was good. The auction house is advertising it as original and it looks like someone will get burned...

?

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm not bidding on it, I was curious as to whether or not it was good. The auction house is advertising it as original and it looks like someone will get burned...
    When it comes to SS camo, most do.

A table full of original covers?
    Would have been like a boxing day sale rush.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Yes a fellow uncovered about 80 of them in various states of manufacture with good provenance. I saw quite a few of them at SOS, pretty cool pieces. I imagine 80 new SS camo covers is going to make a dent in the value of them, all of a sudden a lot of supply. Mind you Martin at Hannah's Reich sold one immediately for a pretty decent price not too high not too low IMO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast