Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?

Article about: I found this helmet cover on an auction site and would like to know what you guys think of it. Sorry, these are all the pictures I have of it. Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Would be nice to know who he is going to sell these through or by himself. Probably out of my current budget projections but sometimes you have to strike when the opportunity presents itself...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?
    P
    Many

?

He is posting them in the SS section of GHW2, I'm sure you can buy one from him if you PM him.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would be nice to know who he is going to sell these through or by himself. Probably out of my current budget projections but sometimes you have to strike when the opportunity presents itself...
    Listed on GHW classifieds at $6800. I'm sure I can find that in the couch cushions........

?

Here is a picture of some of them at the SOS. I got this picture from "German Helmet Walhalla" or "WAF"...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?  

?

So whats the story? Genuine pre45, or another hoard ala winklers SS tuxedo badges?! (for those who remember that one)

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    So whats the story? Genuine pre45, or another hoard ala winklers SS tuxedo badges?! (for those who remember that one)
    Genuine find, in a box or crate in an industrial building. Found in various states of construction. Been seen by many whom I consider as SS camo cover experts and I've handled many including I've had 7 in my collection at one time and I could not find fault with any. Provenance holds up as well.

?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Listed on GHW classifieds at $6800. I'm sure I can find that in the couch cushions........
    A mint camo cover in this pattern would normally fetch 9k or above. 6800 is pretty good price. He could throw them all out there at $3-4 k and flood the market. Those with a lot of camo covers wouldn't be too happy! I am down to just 1, I sold or traded all of mine and kept my best one on my SS combat display which isn't going anywhere for 20 years so the price will probably recover by then LOL.

CBH
    ?

A friend of mine found a SS helmet cover , in an old WWII Canadian duffle bag . But while he was away in college his parents cleaned his room and tossed out the cover ! I guess it wouldn't really look like much if you didn't know what it was . But still a very sad story a collector to hear .

Quote by DougB View Post
    A mint camo cover in this pattern would normally fetch 9k or above. 6800 is pretty good price. He could throw them all out there at $3-4 k and flood the market. Those with a lot of camo covers wouldn't be too happy!
    Don't get me wrong, Doug, Certainly no offense meant to current SS camo cover owners, I understand the concern on value, and I do understand that even at $6800 its a good deal, but I wish he would! LOL It would be the one chance for many helmet collectors to acquire one and never let it go, but I doubt he is entertaining 5 year payment plans, lol.

?

He is selling an unfinished one on fleabay for $2,675.

Waffen SS Helmet Cover - Real or Reproduction?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast