Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS M40 Helmet.

Article about: Waffen SS M40 Helmet.sorry for the bad photos but that is all i can get of it at this time.comes from a museum in St:Petersburg Russia.the man i know who has it got it off Peter v lukacs of

Default Waffen SS M40 Helmet.

Waffen SS M40 Helmet.sorry for the bad photos but that is all i can get of it at this time.comes from a museum in St:Petersburg Russia.the man i know who has it got it off Peter v lukacs of Military Antiques of Stockholm.he is selling it so i was looking at it but will like to see what you all think..thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS M40 Helmet.   Waffen SS M40 Helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS M40 Helmet.
    P
    Many

You cannot make a judgement on the helmet from the two photos posted, only the decal... which is a dud.

The decal is indeed bad.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Extremely bad

Most museum pieces are of dubious originality as far as militaria goes. This is just another example

Quote by real steel View Post
    Most museum pieces are of dubious originality as far as militaria goes. This is just another example
    yes i was thinking it was no good. the decal is a big no no..

Sorry, but that is an out and out "NO" as an original SS decal, it does not show any similarities to known makers/variations. Have a look at the SS decal reference section here on the forum that Doug kindly left and study those examples. Leon.

Yeah....maybe the poorest repro SS decal I ever saw. Have seen better on "Hogans Heroes" & thought those were the worst

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Yeah....maybe the poorest repro SS decal I ever saw. Have seen better on "Hogans Heroes" & thought those were the worst
    To quote the Monroes "All the people tell me so, But what do all the people know"

99% of Museum goers wouldn't know the difference
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    To quote the Monroes "All the people tell me so, But what do all the people know"

99% of Museum goers wouldn't know the difference
    A big no no i just been looking at the original SS decals known makers/variations in the SS decal reference section.not any thing like this in there at all??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast