Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

what do you think...m35 double decal ss

Article about: I'm trying to buy an ss helmet but they are really too expensive and I fear the fakes... I found this helmet offered at a reasonable price and seems original to me but I need some experts op

Default re: what do you think...m35 double decal ss

I'll go with Dimas,
    The swasey is too high up on the decal.I think the black border looks too thick also and may have been hand painted. Buyer beware on that one

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you think...m35 double decal ss
    P
    Many

So...
    I definitely have to put this on the Fake thread

Quote by drago1983 View Post
    So...
    I definitely have to put this on the Fake thread
    Looks like it mate , no good comments for this one cheers Raymond

i also think that the decals are bad,for the reasons stated earlier,,shell looks like it was scrubbed in an attempt to hide the fake decals,,,

mark51101
    ?

Hello guys
    I'm far from a decal expert but i think the SS decal looks OK .But if I;m wrong someone educate me on it I'm always up for learning something new

Thanks Ben everybody have a good day

?

This is an out and out fake. The runic decal is the round bottom fake and the party decal is the high centered fake. Both are well known popular fakes, no explanation is needed, just do 10 minutes of research guys.... The paint is also very obviously postwar as has been pointed out by Dimas.

When you start chasing inexpensive double decal SS helmets you are chasing ghosts and excuses as why it "could" be real and these simply endanger your bank account.

Seen it a million times with guys looking for an SS helmet on the cheap, and it's one fake trotted out after another. You don't find Rolls Royces on eBay with a buy it now price for $500, your not going to find a real double decal SS sitting in some antique store for $500 either. Most of these small time dealers don't know their own ass from a hole in the ground, and will always go for the $$ and feed you a story. Thanks to the Internet a cheap, real SS helmet does not exist and a lot of time that should be spent networking and researching is instead chasing fake "cheap" SS helmets.

?

BTW the SS sniper veil is also a terrible fake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2