Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What a real SS winter camo looks like

Article about: by DougB This one is a new one. I was looking for bookends. I knew there was a name missing! I figured I was imagining things, since these are so hard to come by. lol

?

Default Re: What a real SS winter camo looks like

Very informative! Thank you Doug!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What a real SS winter camo looks like
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Chris, I have a double runic EF M42 ex-winter whitewash. That is as close as I have come. My others are an LAH helmet single decal brought home by a Canadian vet which is ex-winter whitewash and I have an ET M40 winter whitewash remnant. The difference between an ex-winter whitewash and a whitewash remnant is when there are many elements of whitewash like in recessed areas of the paint and around rivets and an ex-winter whitewash is when you can see just traces.
    Hi Doug
    Would you post this one.(DD)
    chris

?

Your and Paul's wish is my command! You guys are lucky it's a holiday right now up here LOL. I actually have time today! :-)

Quote by DougB View Post
    Your and Paul's wish is my command! You guys are lucky it's a holiday right now up here LOL. I actually have time today! :-)
    Thank you Doug,that will be great.
    chris

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Thank you Doug,that will be great.
    chris
    SS EF M42 Double Runic ex-winter whitewash

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes the decal was whitewashed over, you can see whitewash remnants in the recessed areas and its contributing to the aging of the decal. The whitewash was usually washed off the helmet in the spring but as any moisture will remove whitewash, like rain or wet snow, so it stands to reason that the helmet was still in use as a winter camo when it was left behind, as it has large amounts of whitewash still and shows no signs of being washed away purposefully. I have three other ex-whitewash SS helmets, all washed off but remnants in deep recesses of damaged paint, around the vent holes and around the split pin heads.

This helmet I never mentioned was a find in Alsace last year and it never did hit Dave's site but was on his Facebook page. I was able to view pics of this one while it was still in France and Dave and I came to a deal right after he bought it.
    ok thank you for the info. nice helmet. thank you for posting it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3