Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What the...! SS Helmet.

Article about: I have my ss helmet for sale in the sales section. It is a 100% original helmet , confirmed to be so by dough and other forum members on this and other fora. ww.warrelics.eu/classifieds/show

?

Quote by jelle View Post
    As Ade removed the comment from Mr Gott, i will add it here.

In his opinion the helmet lotnumber 1086 would make this a police helmet therefore the decal must be fake.
    The exact text of Karell Gott's comment was:

'Comment Date: Fri October 24, 2014

M-40 66 size lot#1086 is police helmet.

I'm sorry, but decal on your helmet is fake.'

Which can be read as two separate statements. I mention this merely from a desire for accuracy. I lack the expertise to make any judgement on the authenticity of the decal. Hopefully some of the SS helmet gurus will be along to settle the matter - I'm assuming that it hasn't been discussed elsewhere?

Regards, Philip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What the...! SS Helmet.
    P
    Many

If Doug has given your helmet the thumbs up I would say you would have a tough time finding anyone to contradict that position. For me, with my limited experience, the decal did appear to have artificial ageing to it with the series of rough, sandpaper-like scratches but I would bow to Doug's experience any day of the week.

?

Thanks Phillip for posting the complete comment, Ade removed it before i could copy it.

...But if, as it has been said, that the helmet has had the "seal of approval" on this forum by those considered to have trusted experience or expertise on the subject then where is, or are, the thread discussion links that would contradict any negative opinion posted in the advertisement comments and would surely help a potential purchaser decide whether to spend the 3,600+ Euros, or not?

If the discussion links are somewhere on WRF then reference them in the advertisement sales pitch... if not already done so.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Here is a link to a topic of the helmet. Reason for not posting it on my sale thread is it is on helmet whalhalla, which is not accessible to non members of this forum . In this topic there is talk of the helmet being oiled which is not the case, neither has the interior been replaced.
    As Doug notes it has been cleaned at some point in time, and the last owner used renwax to protect it. Which left a shine.
    I will add this topic to my salesthread.

ww.walhalla.se/topic/41790-first-german-helmet-opinions-please-m40-ss/page-2?hl=1086

?

Error - German Helmet Walhalla

It seems it is not possible to add the link ?

?

I dont know who this Mr Gott is but this goes back to the problem that has been created by the lot number book and the fact that when someone buys a book they think that they suddenly have expertise on the matter. And with any book one assumes that the book author is 100% correct in what he says, and remember that books are only as good as the authors knowledge at the time it was published.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this helmet or decal. It is 100% real and I have said that it appeared cleaned, hence the scuffing damage to the decal.

Mr Gott needs to be whacked upside the head several times, very hard, with his book.

YOU CANNOT EQUATE LOT NUMBER WITH SERVICE BRANCH.

Mr Gott. Please refrain from commenting on peoples items unless you know what the **** you are talking about. Read a few more books. Read a few more forums. And buy 20 or so ET SS helmets so you can actually study the real thing vs making blowhard comments that shows you really dont know anything.

?

Thanks Doug !

Hope it is a heavy book !

Cheers,

Johan

?

I remember this helmet and I did comment it was a good ET pattern decal. Doug is spot on. Lot numbers do not determine branch of service. A helmet must stand on it's own I always said. Jelle, I wouldn't worry, it's a nice helmet. Good luck with your sale.

Samir

?

Quote by StefanM View Post
    ...But if, as it has been said, that the helmet has had the "seal of approval" on this forum by those considered to have trusted experience or expertise on the subject then where is, or are, the thread discussion links that would contradict any negative opinion posted in the advertisement comments and would surely help a potential purchaser decide whether to spend the 3,600+ Euros, or not?

If the discussion links are somewhere on WRF then reference them in the advertisement sales pitch... if not already done so.
    I agree. Or, open up a new topic here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast