Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What the...! SS Helmet.

Article about: I have my ss helmet for sale in the sales section. It is a 100% original helmet , confirmed to be so by dough and other forum members on this and other fora. ww.warrelics.eu/classifieds/show

?

To answer Doug's question, Karel Gott is a digger from Karelia. He have one of the most visited digging threads here on WRF. Not hard to find He have dug a lot of WSS helmets but it have obviously not helped much on authenticating decals

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What the...! SS Helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Dug relic SS helmets are a totally different ballgame than nice SS decals. I don't have a ton of experience handling relics other than what collectors have sent me to check out in hand, and therefore I am cautious to comment on them. That said if I had 200 of them I would consider myself to have some degree of expertise.

The same can be said for helmets that are not relics in particular any sub-genre of helmets. Mario R is the best at police helmets because he studies the bejeezus out of police helmets. Certain collectors the same can be said for KM helmets, Anders for example on SA helmets. I chose to study SS because I am stupid enough to pick the most expensive genre of helmets to collect....that said, SS helmets in non relic condition require one to study non relic helmets.

The point I am making is expertise from relics, or vice versa, doesn't necessarily translate over well.

Karl's commentary is way off the mark and to post incorrect and negative information in someone's sale posting is not right.

Post the pics here and start a discussion thread on the helmet on this forum for those who do not have access to GHW2. If it is for sale here it would have made sense to have posted it here in the first place.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Post the pics here and start a discussion thread on the helmet on this forum for those who do not have access to GHW2. If it is for sale here it would have made sense to have posted it here in the first place.
    If I recall it was posted here at the same time it was posted at GHW2 with the same pics.

Quote by DougB View Post
    If I recall it was posted here at the same time it was posted at GHW2 with the same pics.
    Not according to the owner Doug. Perhaps I have missread his post.

Here is a link to a topic of the helmet. Reason for not posting it on my sale thread is it is on helmet whalhalla, which is not accessible to non members of this forum . In this topic there is talk of the helmet being oiled which is not the case, neither has the interior been replaced.
    As Doug notes it has been cleaned at some point in time, and the last owner used renwax to protect it. Which left a shine.
    I will add this topic to my salesthread.

ww.walhalla.se/topic/41790-first-german-helmet-opinions-please-m40-ss/page-2?hl=1086
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Doug i am aware that dug helmets are a totally different matter. I have close to no experience in the decal field but i am pretty good at spotting fake dug helmets even i have no knowledge on decals as such. I have handled quite a few dug helmets. I was merely trying to answer your question on who Mr. Gott is I was not trying to give him any credibility in authenticating SS decals just because he have dug some.

Cheers!

?

[QUOTE=DougB;1312307

Karl's commentary is way off the mark and to post incorrect and negative information in someone's sale posting is not right.[/QUOTE]

This is why i opened this topic. Anyone is intiteled to post his opinion on a piece wether he is right or wrong. But to do so in a sale posting, without contacting the seller is not done in my book. He could have opened a topic about the helmet on the forum to discuss it, and ask other members their opinion and if he was right could have contacted me to change or remove the sale posting. Now i happend to scrole down on my sale posting to find someone had condemned my helmet to a fake a week ago,scaring away possible buyers and damaging a 100% good ss helmet and my reputation as a seller. I thank Ade for removing the comment and Doug and Samir for clearing up any doubts about the helmet cast by mr.Gott and will add this or an other new topic to the sale posting.
    Now i can futher enjoy my Sunday.

Thankss,

Johan

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Not according to the owner Doug. Perhaps I have missread his post.

Here is a link to a topic of the helmet. Reason for not posting it on my sale thread is it is on helmet whalhalla, which is not accessible to non members of this forum . In this topic there is talk of the helmet being oiled which is not the case, neither has the interior been replaced.
    As Doug notes it has been cleaned at some point in time, and the last owner used renwax to protect it. Which left a shine.
    I will add this topic to my salesthread.

ww.walhalla.se/topic/41790-first-german-helmet-opinions-please-m40-ss/page-2?hl=1086
    I put the helmet up for sale on GHW and on WRF at the same time. The pictures on the original GHW thread i opened when i bought the helmet are included in the saleposting here on WRF. I did not open a thread on WRF on the helmet before I put it up for sale because I thought there would be no need for it. But there is one now.

?

It would be nice to have a link button to the discussion thread on the sale ad. It would make it easy to bring it up for discussion if it is possible to do so.

?

Pointing to the discussions to other forums is not bad, but if the forum not required membership to read the thread.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast