Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's the manufacturer of this Runic Shield?

Article about: Not if it is Police > SS rather than SS > Police, it should give an idea of the order of issue no?

Default What's the manufacturer of this Runic Shield?

Hi guys,

I'd like to know what manufacturer made this runic shield. It's found on a double decal M40 relic, an SS-reissue coming from a double decal Feldgendarmerie helmet.
    ET thick bordered decal? Mother earth already took care of the lower part of the shield, the other half is still in quite good condition and wasn't facing the surface IMO (in the ground).
    The Feldgendarmerie decal is still clearly visible and is located under the runic shield.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's the manufacturer of this Runic Shield?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What's the manufacturer of this Runic Shield?

Appears to be an ET (if its real)

?

More than likely a Pocher as those decals were the decls widely used for Police battalion reissues. But the decal is too far gone to tell for certain. The "thick" border is simply the combination of the SS decal border and the black police decal underneath. Probably not a Feldgendarmerie but an SS Police Battalion, given the SS decal issue. Feldgendarmerie sounds so romantically lawful, in reality the SS Police Battalions were often performing the most ruthless and cold blooded of acts.

?

I thought it resembled an ET, my bad.

Samir

?

I did too at first but it's too far gone to tell, the runes graphics are really distorted by abrasion where visible. Given ET decals were rarely if ever used as field reissues I lean towards Pocher Samir.

?

I agree, the decal is too far gone indeed. The reason I thought it was an ET, because the top part of the runes were closer to the borderline than other SS decal types.

I actually thought ET too, going from the angle of the pointed part of the rune in the middle. It didn't seem 'rakish' enough for a Pocher. Absolutely defer to your experience Doug, just wanted to throw that in there

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Given ET decals were rarely if ever used as field reissues I lean towards Pocher Samir.
    Doug, you made a very good point. It would be Pochers indeed, but could it be a police decal sitting on top of the SS decal? An SS refurbed to police? I have been looking at the pic for sometime now and its not the best of shot I will admit, but it appears to be possible that the police decal is sitting on top of the SS. Doug, is it possible? kenbent, can you post a clearer shot of the decal? I hate to admit it, but I find this relic interesting.

Which side of the helmet is pictured?

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Which side of the helmet is pictured?
    It must be the right side.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast