Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Whats up with this DD SS helmet?

Article about: A fellow collector have just offered me this DD SS helmet. He doesn’t have much info about it. He is just selling it plus some other items for one of his friends who want to sell out of his

?

Default Whats up with this DD SS helmet?

A fellow collector have just offered me this DD SS helmet. He doesn’t have much info about it. He is just selling it plus some other items for one of his friends who want to sell out of his collection. I have read about this type of helmet before and when I saw the helmet today I was looking for a RZM stamp inside it but couldn’t find it.

Sorry the pictures aren’t better, it went a little fast when I took the photo shots. But I guess some of the wise heads quick can tell if it have a chance even with the bad pictures.

I have no clue about what to look for on such a helmet. But I must say I was a bit suspicious about the decals, have not seen a party swastika decal before where the white area almost has turned green.

Let me know what some of you guys think

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whats up with this DD SS helmet?   Whats up with this DD SS helmet?  

Whats up with this DD SS helmet?   Whats up with this DD SS helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Whats up with this DD SS helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Whats up with this DD SS helmet?

Very hard to tell from those angles what shell maker it is. The interior is bad and both decals are total reproductions, so steer clear of this one.

Samir

Very bad fake. Too many reasons to explain.

?

Thats what I thought so, when I saw the decals I was pretty sure it was no good. I also had the same feeling about the interior. Never seen that kind before but I found a helmet on another forum which was completely the same except some of the liner was missing and it had no decals. Some people on the forum had responded that it could be anything from a SS helmet to a luftschutz helmet.

This Comment is taken from the other forum:

“ Your helmet is a Private Purchase helmet as I said earlier. This helmet was used by all branches of the military and civilian organizations. I have seen SS to Luftschutz using this type of Private Purchase helmet.”

Some of these comments on the other forum gave me a small hope but again the decals didn’t make my pulse turn high. And who knows if this guy on the other forum know what he is talking about.

Thanks for your replies :-)

I will tell my fellow collector that the helmet he is trying to sell for his friend is a bad one.

?

The liner matches several examples of Civil Police/Fire Police helmet liners that I have seen.

No hope , it's been upgrade with 5$ decals.

?

As I said earlier, it's hard to tell with the fish eye angle shots that were taken, but I can assure you it's no RZM. As far as the photo, it appears to be a German M16.

Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post
    As I said earlier, it's hard to tell with the fish eye angle shots that were taken, but I can assure you it's no RZM. As far as the photo, it appears to be a German M16.

Samir
    I'm not sure it's an M16 mate, the rivets are not in the right place for the chinstrap lugs on the skirt, and they're flat rather than domed.

I'd say some kind of interwar commercial lid.

Looks like it had a blow torch applied to the decals to try and age them

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'm not sure it's an M16 mate, the rivets are not in the right place for the chinstrap lugs on the skirt, and they're flat rather than domed.

I'd say some kind of interwar commercial lid.
    I'm referring to the helmet in the black n white photo. That's a German M16. You will notice the third rivet located closely to the rim than an Austrian version.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast