MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Who can tell me about this helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, Got a offer of a DD SS helmet. Looks not like the real deal. I would like your opinion before I spent any money on this one. What do you think about this helmet? I must say it looks

Default Who can tell me about this helmet?

Hi guys,

Got a offer of a DD SS helmet. Looks not like the real deal. I would like your opinion before I spent any money on this one.
    What do you think about this helmet? I must say it looks tempting.

Please see attached photos. Size 66. Manufacture stamps not clearly seen, look’s like EF66 and 24372. Shell have 4 holes what was made by shrapnel and one crack on top. Lot of green paint still present outside and inside. Helmet complete with metal liner. Leather is should be still soft and shows wear and has damages.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who can tell me about this helmet?
    P
    Many

Rune decal is a repro. Not an EF, ET or Pocher. I only know of a couple of M35 EF DD SS helmets. Extremely rare. This one is not good, liner appears to be a repro also
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Rune decal is a repro. Not an EF, ET or Pocher. I only know of a couple of M35 EF DD SS helmets. Extremely rare. This one is not good, liner appears to be a repro also
    D.
    I second the comment on the liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As David and Map have commented the liner is bad. Compared to the shell, which appears to have pitting, the leather of the liner is in much better condition which in itself makes the entire helmet questionable before you even begin to look too closely at the decal.

Its a shame that even interesting relics such as this are being ruined now with fakes decals.

Hi, agreed, a one look fake runic decal, no need to even look at the party shield. Leon.

The shape of the runes shield was the first thing I noticed, the curvature is not correct.
    Nick

Thx for your eagle-eyes guys. I liked the helmet cause an original, as was stated, is rare; but I will pass on this one.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    As David and Map have commented the liner is bad. Compared to the shell, which appears to have pitting, the leather of the liner is in much better condition which in itself makes the entire helmet questionable before you even begin to look too closely at the decal.
    Andrew
    Other give-away on repro liners are the chin strap bales. The wire of the rectangular bale is too thin. Also...the artificial "rust" around the entire liner band. That is not seen on originals due to the quality of the zinc coating. Originals don't rust completely unless maybe it's been submerged in water or wet soil for 80 years
    D.

Thanks for the information David.

Now that I look at the chinstrap bales again they do look quite thin.