Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Is it worth? or not?

Article about: What ever is the asking price, it would be too much, unless it were free, I'm afraid. The holes look like rust holes. Brad.

Default Re: Is it worth? or not?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Just got back up from my little SS office in my basement, and took a couple of shots of the helmet I was referring to.

According to Beaver/Hicks it's a "civic style M-34 helmet is of lightweight aluminum and bears a fat runic shield on the left side."

Is this the one you are referring to?

Attachment 432833

Attachment 432834
    There I was right after all, so it was right to place it here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it worth? or not?
    P
    Many

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday hellschickie,
    The helmet looks as if it could have been a TR era Feuer Polizei (Fire Police) helmet (look at the liner and the leather tabs).German Polizei organisations were under the control of Himmler and the SS.It may have had a Polizei decal and a National insignia decal on it at one stage of it's life,under that hideous paint job.
    But it may have been issued to another fire fighting organisation also.The answers are most likely under the paint.
    I has little value though in that condition bar the OK liner.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Thank you I had learn a little bit more now. And I don't have any books about WW2 steel helmets, I haven't found that type of book yet. I think it would be good to have one when your searching for WW2 helmets.

?

Hi Samir, sorry, that one is fine I am sure.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Doug, i'm referring to the M34 blackie with the "fat rune" type decal. Is that a bad one as well? I think theres a photo of it in my beaver/hicks book. I will go to my basement n try n get some shots for u.
    That one is right as rain. It wa sourced from ebay, and I was outbid on it - D%+@ !!!

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    That one is right as rain. It wa sourced from ebay, and I was outbid on it - D%+@ !!!
    Really??? Oh my God, where was I! Do u recall what it sold for?

Hi Samir, I think it was about 1998, and I think it sold for about $2500. That was when ebay allowed the seller to show the decals. I think I know who got it, some one we all know, but I am not going to say who it was. That same year I got burned for $1501 on what turned out to the a fake SD SS M40. That was before there was any buyer protection on ebay and no pay pal. Too bad I didn't put that money towards the "fat runes" reverse decal M34 that was on sale at the same time. Well, I guess that has been the story of my life with respect to investments. Read my new book, "Buy Dear - Sell Cheap", on sale on Amazon. Cheers. Jim G.

?

$2500 is a steal! Too bad I wasn't collect TR back then, only US gold coins. I know u regret it Jim, but there will be others. I will check out your book Jim, thanks.

Regards
    Samir

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4