Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet

Article about: Opinions on this helmet please? DD WSS M-35, Q-64 shell, lot no 2901. Nice untampered with condition.

tried again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS M-35 double decal SS helmet
    P
    Many

A comparitve photo of David's posted example to the OP's not sure if it will help or not? Best regards.

Brian

WSS M-35 double decal SS helmetWSS M-35 double decal SS helmet

Thanks Brian. Always willing to help.
    I believe I am done with further assessments of this helmet. Leon...I believe the paint is correct & period done 1936 Q. I also believe it was originally a police helmet. When was the SS decal added ??? Is it indeed an original Pocher ? I only took a major interest in this helmet due to the thought this may have set Dr.bill back possibly $20K. That's a lot of $$. At least if it had provenance, that would be an estimate in todays market.
    I have not gotten a PM from dr,bill, I don't know where or when this helmet was obtained. It leads me to believe my opinion & a few others here was a waste of time. Therefore I am done. But I will reiterate..I don't like the helmet from the first set of pictures. Said so in my first reply. I stand my ground. "Shotty" info leads to Shotty replies
    David

?

thanks to all replies, all appreciated.

As a reference and a comparison, Ulrics has a similar M35 but with the police decals:
    GERMAN STEEL HELMET

This may mean nothing, but it's interesting to see the two together.
    Nick

Quote by drbill View Post
    thanks to all replies, all appreciated.
    Sent you a PM Bill.
    Thanks, David

Quote by real steel View Post
    Thanks Brian. Always willing to help.
    I believe I am done with further assessments of this helmet. Leon...I believe the paint is correct & period done 1936 Q. I also believe it was originally a police helmet. When was the SS decal added ??? Is it indeed an original Pocher ? I only took a major interest in this helmet due to the thought this may have set Dr.bill back possibly $20K. That's a lot of $$. At least if it had provenance, that would be an estimate in todays market.
    I have not gotten a PM from dr,bill, I don't know where or when this helmet was obtained. It leads me to believe my opinion & a few others here was a waste of time. Therefore I am done. But I will reiterate..I don't like the helmet from the first set of pictures. Said so in my first reply. I stand my ground. "Shotty" info leads to Shotty replies
    David
    Nothing wrong with being firm in your opinions David, that's how mistakes get "ironed out" ( like mine! ) I've been a lone voice here on a few occassions and i am sure i will be again!! I just wish that a few more of us would have the nuts to apologise when we get it wrong as opposed to going "silent" until the next thread comes along!!Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nothing wrong with being firm in your opinions David, that's how mistakes get "ironed out" ( like mine! ) I've been a lone voice here on a few occassions and i am sure i will be again!! I just wish that a few more of us would have the nuts to apologise when we get it wrong as opposed to going "silent" until the next thread comes along!!Leon.
    Hi Leon...as been discussed so many times on forums, words typed often don't match emotions involved when posting. if we had the chance to discuss so much in person, would be a lot more pleasant.
    Your opinion is "gold" to me & a few others here too. You have a great eye for helmets & you tell it how you see it. What more can be asked ??
    David

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hi Leon...as been discussed so many times on forums, words typed often don't match emotions involved when posting. if we had the chance to discuss so much in person, would be a lot more pleasant.
    Your opinion is "gold" to me & a few others here too. You have a great eye for helmets & you tell it how you see it. What more can be asked ??
    David
    Thank you good sir, and friend, Leon.

With the kind of money these helmets sell for one needs to be absolutely sure when a thumbs up is given. The owner needs to put some time in making the close ups at max megapixel , from a fixed base not from the hip. It should give us HQ zoomable photos that make or break the helmet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast