Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1939 Eisernen Kreuzes 2nd Class

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to show you this iron cross I purchased some time ago. I really like it but I wanted to have confirmation on its authenticity, if any of you guys can provide it.

I would truly like to help but I just don't study them like you guys do. My interests are more in other places.
    Thank you guys for all of the help you contribute to this forum!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernen Kreuzes 2nd Class
    P
    Many

After having only been for about two weeks in this forum, I must admit I find it impressive how many of you are able to not only tell if a piece is authentic or not, but also identify the maker even when it is not obvious at all like in the pictures of the EK I posted at the start of this thread. I just couldn't be more grateful to everyone in the forum!

Best regards,

MG.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 06-14-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse ribbon

Hello everyone!

Not long ago I posted some pictures of my EK and it was confirmed that it was an authentic Deumer (thank you again for the confirmation )

Now I wonder if the ribbon attached to it is also real or just a replacement. Like always, I can provide better pictures if needed.

1939 Eisernen Kreuzes 2nd Class 1939 Eisernen Kreuzes 2nd Class

Kind regards

MG.
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-14-2017 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

Hi MG and welcome.

There is a thread on the subject or original / repro ribbons and until recently I had it bookmarked. However, I recently had a Stalin-like purge of my bookmarks as I couldn't find anything!! And it seems that topic is one that was culled.

From what I remember there are a few ways to tell a real from a repro.

One is the ribbing on the side of each coloured column, real ribbons have this kind of castleated/zig zag pattern (which looking at the white column on your ribbon it seems to have).

The other is to use a UV light (also called black light). Repro ribbons shine under UV light whereas originals don't. I hope I have that the correct way around.

All the best

Jamie

?

I think that this might be the thread you are referring to Jamie:
    Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Brett View Post
    I think that this might be the thread you are referring to Jamie:
    Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?

Regards
    Brett
    Thank you both! Yes, that seems to be the thread Jamie is referring to. If it is not, it is still really helpful. According to to ned's post in that thread and what Jamie said, the ribbon seems original. It turns out it was a really good purchase.

Regards

MG.

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks Brett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2