Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1939 Eisernes Kreuz

Article about: Please opinions on this cased example. Cross looks cleaned ? Too good to be true ? Any issues with the set ? Thanks, D

I agree it was not worth that much, very nice but very expensive.
    You can't blame Klaus though, fair play to him for consistently acquiring top notch items and if people bid so high then it's good for him.
    I've purchased from Ratisbons, but never won on auction - always goes too high.
    Brodie your EK is very nice and I think that's a pretty good price when considering it is also boxed.
    Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz
    P
    Many

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yes that was certainly "top dollar" but that's auctions for you. It only takes two collectors after the one piece and sometimes it becomes more about the win than the item!

I still think it is a nice original though.

Regards

Mark
    True, that is why I don't go to auctions.
    I don't like not knowing the price, (that's how I make my decisions to purchase or not).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I agree it was not worth that much, very nice but very expensive.
    You can't blame Klaus though, fair play to him for consistently acquiring top notch items and if people bid so high then it's good for him.
    I've purchased from Ratisbons, but never won on auction - always goes too high.
    Brodie your EK is very nice and I think that's a pretty good price when considering it is also boxed.
    Nick
    I have Aleks and Dmitri at Espenlaub to thank for it!

I tend to avoid auctions where possible. As others have already mentioned, the prices very quickly skyrocket upwards, to the point where the winner is paying well over market price. I see it on eBay regularly, especially over the stuff that can be had for peanuts from a dealer. People get competitive, they get it into their heads that they 'have' to win, and then they go crazy. The cross that started this thread is a nice one, but you could have one of similar or better condition from a dealer for less than the winning bid.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    True, that is why I don't go to auctions.
    I don't like not knowing the price, (that's how I make my decisions to purchase or not).
    Ralph.
    Yep, I agree. If I look at a dealers table at a fair and there are no prices marked I usually just walk away because I believe this is a case of him deciding the price when he assesses a customer (how much can I get away with?) and I find that dishonest. Set out what you want and I will decide what I will pay. Ideally we meet between the two.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep, I agree. If I look at a dealers table at a fair and there are no prices marked I usually just walk away because I believe this is a case of him deciding the price when he assesses a customer (how much can I get away with?) and I find that dishonest. Set out what you want and I will decide what I will pay. Ideally we meet between the two.

Regards

Mark
    I agree entirely with this point. I was a retailer for many years before my career change. No price on the item then no sale, especially when dealing with militaria. The price forms part of the contract between the seller and the buyer and negotiations for the sale contract start at the price point.
    Wilko

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Thanks Jay
    I bought one IC1 in my life & it was a "Floch fake". So being cautious this time around. Just want one nice example.
    Here is the "Infamous L15 Floch". Looks good IMO...but it is not. It now resides in my "drawer of shame"
    1939 Eisernes Kreuz

Hello !
    Here is mine Floch. Exellent copie ! Purchased about three or four years ago. He has fooled many experienced collectors. Real master from Vienna !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3