Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui

Article about: Welcome to everyone! A great request for an evaluation of the authenticity of an iron cross signed '20'. I only have photos attached below. I would be very grateful for your professional ass

?

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui

Welcome to everyone! A great request for an evaluation of the authenticity of an iron cross First Class signed '20'.

I only have photos attached below. I would be very grateful for your professional assessment!

Last edited by radko7; 08-10-2018 at 07:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui
    P
    Many

Hello Radko. It stands a decent chance imo. The one aspect of the cross I find concerning is the makers stamp, seems a little on the sloppily done but just an observation. Compare to this previous example posted previously, I think the frame rear setup and core are very comparable. Best regards.

Brian

EK1, Double marked C.F. Zimmermann

1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-11-2018 at 09:24 PM.

?

Thank you for your opinion. I am a beginner in collecting, so all the information is extremely valuable to me.

As far as I know the crosses marked 20 there are also several versions, as here: 20 Carl Friedrich Zimmermann, Pforzheim - EK1-DNA
    Perhaps what worries you, that is the manufacturer's mark, was engraved in various ways and that's why the appearance was disturbing?

I have the opportunity to buy this cross for 300 euros. Worth it?

Glad to help out as much as I can. The MM is not a deal breaker for me but a simple observation. The one attribute all three crosses exhibit are the horizontal striations on the hinge block. That would be difficult to fake and I don't think the forgers would go that far. I don't like to discuss or spend other peoples money but yes IMO a cased EK1 of this quality would be worth the price of course there's always negotiation. Best regards.

Brian

1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui

The IC1 from the OP looks odd. Maybe just the pics...??

Quote by real steel View Post
    The IC1 from the OP looks odd. Maybe just the pics...??
    Will agree with David that it looks a bit of?

?

I have to admit that I got lost a bit. I have to understand that this cross is a well made fake ?
    The manufacturer's striking signature on the one hand, and the following on the other hand the horizontal striations on the hinge block are good.

I understand that it is difficult to unambiguously determine the authenticity of the cross after these photographs.

Hello Radko. IMO the cross is original. As David said the pictures are not the best but I think there's enough there to give it a thumbs up in my book. The core shows "vaining" under the paint and rust below the date, again details fakers can't produce convincingly not imo. Kindest regards.

Brian

Another example to comapre to.

Eisernes kreuz 1.Klasse 20 Carl Friedrich Zimmermann Pforzheim

1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui1939 Eisernes Kreuz - mark :"20" in Etui

?

Thanks a lot for all opinions. I take the risk and i will buy the cross.

Quote by radko7 View Post
    I have to admit that I got lost a bit. I have to understand that this cross is a well made fake ?
    The manufacturer's striking signature on the one hand, and the following on the other hand the horizontal striations on the hinge block are good.

I understand that it is difficult to unambiguously determine the authenticity of the cross after these photographs.
    I am sorry if I cast a doubt on this cross. The swaz looked "thin" & the cross looks distorted but it is most likely just the angle of the picture. Not my field of collecting, just an observation from the first two images