Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1939 ek2

Article about: just got this out of the classifieds, the paint on the iron core is abit shabby, but all looks ok. it does look odd , like brass , buntmetal? or tarnish

Default 1939 ek2

just got this out of the classifieds, the paint on the iron core is abit shabby, but all looks ok.
    it does look odd , like brass , buntmetal? or tarnish
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 ek2   1939 ek2  

1939 ek2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 ek2
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1939 ek2

Looks like an original Juncker. I would guess the yellowing is tarnish, maybe nicotine?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Looks fine and dandy to me. It's just been hanging in a bar for a few years!!If you don't smoke and you always wanted to by this one !!!

cool guys thanks for the help is a Juncker a common or rare maker?

Not too common but desirable with many collectors

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

let me guess, the raised '3' and the hump on the frame for the suspension ring are the signs of a Juncker?

?

The raised '3' - not necessarily. Juncker used several different cores in their EKs including Wachtler & Lange.

The 'hump' - yes, narrows it down to one of the makers who used the 'hump'. Juncker was one of those makers.

The cross hatching on the inner corners and 'scrunched' bead on the frame are signs. Wachtler & Lange had the same 'scrunched' bead but no cross hatching.

I can also see the three die flaws on the frame which are identifying features of the 'classic' Juncker three flaw frame.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    let me guess, the raised '3' and the hump on the frame for the suspension ring are the signs of a Juncker?
    and the crosshatching of the inner corners of the beading like this #

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

wow guys thanks for the help on the i.d with the ek2. i was gonna ask
    still waiting on er in the ,ail though ..........