Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 EKI L55 Help please!

Article about: by helmetone Well, I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on, lol. That's why i said it was just an opinion. I suppose I have much to learn still. Not at all, it's helpful to know what people

Default 1939 EKI L55 Help please!

Good morning gents! A mate in New Zealand was looking to buy this and asked me what I thought. As I know next to nothing about EKIs, I thought I'd ask the experten here. Sorry if the photos aren't the best. Thanks!

WW2 First Class EKI German Iron Cross Medal Makers Mark L/55 for sale | quicksales.com.au item 9633046
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 EKI L55 Help please!  1939 EKI L55 Help please!  1939 EKI L55 Help please! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 EKI L55 Help please!
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 EKI L55 Help please!

that marking could be anything lol
    i also noticed that the top of the pin is bent im sure an expert will come along on originality but it is a bit expensive for something that isn't that rare and with a lot of problems

I'll throw my amateur opinion out there. It might be the low quality of the photos, but there is something about this one I do not like. Both "9's" in 1939 don't look exactly similar. The curves on the edges of the "coke bottle" pin don't look even and the hinge sits high at the top. The edges of the frame look like they have a bit of a curve. I would also be suspicious of someone selling one on a "quick sale" site with no guarantee. Wait for some other opinions. I'm not an authority on these.

Hi helmetone! Thanks for your input, in fairness I must point out that the site is called quicksales.com.au, I sell there myself under the name of panzermeister It's just the name of the site, and it has it's advantages over ebay as you are allowed to sell things with the dreaded swastika featured. The disadvantage is the tiny audience compared to ebay. It is also owned by Fairfax media, publishers of one of the worlds great, and long running, broadsheets, The Sydney Morning Herald. Hope that makes you feel better about the site, and I do appreciate your input!

WHW - I did not know that! Thank you for the information. I'll have to check out the site when I have a little more time. I looked at it long enough to see the price, my apologies. FYI, my opinion on the cross was formed without regard to the site itself. Thanks again.

Nice looking W&L with the stamp unusually located!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by talltom View Post
    i also noticed that the top of the pin is bent im sure an expert will come along on originality but it is a bit expensive for something that isn't that rare and with a lot of problems
    ???
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks legit to me, but there are plenty of nicer-looking EK1s at a better price.

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    Tom, can you point out what the problems are with the cross?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Both "9's" in 1939 don't look exactly similar. The curves on the edges of the "coke bottle" pin don't look even and the hinge sits high at the top. The edges of the frame look like they have a bit of a curve.
    The '9's don't have to be the same on the cross, many EK dates have differences between numbers, this is a useful identifying tool. The pin is absolutely spot on for this maker, no issues with this or the hinge. The edges of the frame look fine.

It is very pricey though, that I will agree on.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well, I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on, lol. That's why i said it was just an opinion. I suppose I have much to learn still.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast