Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal. Odd Color? Real/Repro??

Article about: Hi Folks! Picked this up at a local auction house last week. It was in with a batch of Geniune WW2 British Medals I bought. I don't know a thing about German WW2 Medals, so I'm hoping someon

Default 1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal. Odd Color? Real/Repro??

Hi Folks!

Picked this up at a local auction house last week. It was in with a batch of Geniune WW2 British Medals I bought. I don't know a thing about German WW2 Medals, so I'm hoping someone here can help me with ID. Excluding top loop, measures approx. 2-7/8" x 2-7/8". Weight is approx. 41 grams. The color seems odd to me, doesn't appear original (I even note a bubble/hole within the arms of the Swastika). There also seems to be pitting under the paint. There is some damage noted on one edge of the medal.

I'm thinking perhaps it's real - but repainted? or maybe it's a repro??

Opinions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal.  Odd Color?  Real/Repro??   1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal.  Odd Color?  Real/Repro??  

1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal.  Odd Color?  Real/Repro??   1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal.  Odd Color?  Real/Repro??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal.  Odd Color?  Real/Repro??
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 German WW2 Iron Cross(?) Medal. Odd Color? Real/Repro??

It is pretending to be a Knights Cross...but it isn't doing a very good job at make believe...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Es muy fake-o,,,

Bummer! Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I didn't pay anything for this (it came with other items, which is what I was after). I had the feeling it may have been fake, due to the weird color. For future reference, what sets this medal apart from the real thing (other than color?)?

Everythings wrong with it. Metal, construction, detail & production. Have a look at this link for the EK1 & EK2. The basics apply to the Knights Cross as well, Cheers, Richard.

Iron Cross Manufacturing

THANKS! Great Link!

Sorry,the folks are right it's bad. In plenty of ways. Stewy S