Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914

Article about: Hi I am looking to buy this EK1 Spange. I cannot see any issues but would welcome any feedback in case I am missing something. Thank you, nic.

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914

Hi
    I am looking to buy this EK1 Spange. I cannot see any issues but would welcome any feedback in case I am missing something. Thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914  

Last edited by rbminis; 10-04-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914
    P
    Many

From these small photos, it appears to be an unmarked version of this one.
    Ralph.
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, L/11, Wilhelm Deumer
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hmmm, I have a pair of EK1 Deumer spanges and the dates look different to be honest. Could be die wear leading to the flaws in the '9' I suppose.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 19141939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914

Am not particularly liking the curve on the top of the "3" either. On Glenn's examples, it is flat and nearly touching the top rim.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Larger photos would help immensely.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for all the feedback. I have requested additional photos.

Some more photos but mainly of the reverse!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914  

Still not the greatest pics, but I would give it the nod too now. The oddities visible on the 1st set seem to have just been tricks of the lighting. This spange looks fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The rear set up is classic Deumer, right down to the tool mark on the pin, a very nice piece.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The Deumer 'beard' to the beak also confirms it as original IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast