Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Attributed to Eugen Schmidhäußler

Article about: A recent addition to my Spange collection. This example has acquired a very nice dark patina. I picked this one up at a local gun/militaria show, (couldn't help myself). Ralph.

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Attributed to Eugen Schmidhäußler

A recent addition to my Spange collection. This example has acquired a very nice dark patina.
    I picked this one up at a local gun/militaria show, (couldn't help myself).
    Ralph.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Attributed to Eugen Schmidhäußler
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Attributed to Eugen Schmidhäußler
    P
    Many

Nice find Ralph, this is one of my favourite awards in terms of aesthetics. I always think that if these (along with many other TR badges) had a version made of silver the effect on a dress uniform would be stunning!

This one seems to me to be a good looking Eugen Schmidhauessler in tombak with flat wire catch?

I often note badges such as this being found at shows in North America and wonder if they are as expensive in that market as they are in UK?

Thanks for showing

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Nice addition Ralph ! I love the pin style on this maker

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Nice find Ralph, this is one of my favourite awards in terms of aesthetics. I always think that if these (along with many other TR badges) had a version made of silver the effect on a dress uniform would be stunning!

This one seems to me to be a good looking Eugen Schmidhauessler in tombak with flat wire catch?

I often note badges such as this being found at shows in North America and wonder if they are as expensive in that market as they are in UK?

Thanks for showing

Regards

Mark
    Thanks Mark!
    This was bought for a reasonable price compared to my other example. When I first found it, I knew I was going to buy it due to the price even though I already had an example by this maker.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Nice addition Ralph ! I love the pin style on this maker

Nick
    Thanks Nick!
    Slightly different pin shape than my other example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Congrats on a very fine piece ;-) one that's still on my wishing list !

Mfg
    Marc

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Congrats on a very fine piece ;-) one that's still on my wishing list !

Mfg
    Marc
    Thank you Marc!
    Ralph.

When I had it at home and compared to the other one, I noticed some minor differences that could not be accounted for even if they were hand finished. So, it became very obvious that there was more than one die used.
    The shape of the top of the eagle's head could be passed off due to maybe hand finishing but the angle of the brow, the eye, and shape and angle of the mouth could not be due to this. Also, the bottom right oak leaf has a shorter vein than the first one I purchased. This example also has a slightly different shape to the pin.
    Here are some comparison photos.
    Ralph.

Nice one Ralph.
    I have one like this in my files however i have it listed as the "unknown maker"
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice one Ralph.
    I have one like this in my files however i have it listed as the "unknown maker"
    Thanks Greg!
    As I put in the title "Attributed", I have seen the photos of the one that was found in a marked carton but I can't remember where. Here is a thread that might help.
    EK1 Spange - Good or Bad ? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.

Thanks Ralph, Very interesting thread.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast