Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 B.H.Meyer?

Article about: Hello Adrian, Since I have you on line I was wondering if this spange is a unmarked B.H. Meyer? I researched it , and it most resembles this maker.

?

how do they stay in such good condition?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 B.H.Meyer?
    P
    Many

I guess if someone put them away at the end of the war and they remained unplayed with over the following 50 or 60 years until discovered and rehomed with a collector then the original finish will always shine through. Obviously it depends on the storage being right, no damp etc. Mine were left behind in the house where the German who owned them had been billeted. The house changes hands in the 60's and the sellers told the new buyers that the medals went with the house. Luckily for me the new owners were going on holiday in the 80's and needed a bit more holiday money. They sold them to me and I have them still in the boxes and get them out every now and again. They cost me £8 a piece so I always smile when I see them.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

I think the Mayers have the flat top head look to them also.

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 B.H.Meyer? 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 B.H.Meyer?

Who is then the maker of the round head eagles, such as those shown by Damien?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Who is then the maker of the round head eagles, such as those shown by Damien?
    The first one appears to be a first pattern Juncker, the second appears to be a second pattern Deumer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The first one appears to be a first pattern Juncker, the second appears to be a second pattern Deumer.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph,

I agree with the first one being a Juncker type 1, but are you sure about the second one being a Deumer? To my eyes it's an example by Eugen Schmidhausler, but I'm still learning on these.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

I agree with the first one being a Juncker type 1, but are you sure about the second one being a Deumer? To my eyes it's an example by Eugen Schmidhausler, but I'm still learning on these.

Regards, Ned.
    I believe you are correct Ned.
    The 1 in the date gives it away. I was looking too much at the head and beard.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2