Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 L/12 On Facebook market place

Article about: Spotted this on facebook for £50 ( which was the red flag). Since i knew it was definitely going to be fake. I thought it would be a good opportunity to test if i can say why its a fake. I w

?

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 L/12 On Facebook market place

Spotted this on facebook for £50 ( which was the red flag). Since i knew it was definitely going to be fake. I thought it would be a good opportunity to test if i can say why its a fake. I would love to hear feedback on the points i make. The wings of the eagle are less detailed and a less defined bulge on the top and the feet are missing the rings/wrinkles. The details on the head are too soft. There is an apparent lack of pebbling around the 1939 and the pin on the back is dreadful. I was comparing this one to a real l/12 Juncker spange that was posted on this forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 L/12 On Facebook market place
    P
    Many

Everything is wrong on that spange: hinge, catch and pin are completely incorrect. And as you said beside that totally wrong reverse set-up, obvesrse is also wrong. Design of the eagle is absolutely incorrect and it has poor details indeed. Maker mark is wrong too.

Best regards,
    Franko

The obverse is correct for one made by Eugen Schmidhäußler. I would like to see clearer photos.
    The hinge and pin are of the type used by Deumer, and the maker's stamp is incorrect for CE Juncker.

One of my examples by Eugen Schmidhäußler has been posted here.
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Eugen Schmidhäußler
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I have asked for better photos that are close ups of the medal. Seems quite weird if it’s a hybrid with features from different makers