MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse screw back

Article about: There is a clamshell screw back spange at local auction tonight. Ive searched forum and found two examples (Deumer and unknown maker) to compare to. Were there other makers using clamshell s

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse screw back

There is a clamshell screw back spange at local auction tonight. Ive searched forum and found two examples (Deumer and unknown maker) to compare to. Were there other makers using clamshell style back?

Are there any obvious characteristics I should look for that would indicate post war fake? For example - I came across one called "raptor legs".

If I can get a better picture later I will try but have problems uploading from mobile device.
    joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back  

Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back  1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back
    P
    Many

Additional picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back  

Couple combined pics compare to Deumer from forum.

The number 1 definitely different so maybe fake or different maker. Anyone have insight?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse  screw back  

This one is trying to be a 1st class, 1st pattern, screw back, Juncker, (which I don't believe existed).
    The round edges of the numbers in the date and the soft corners on the swastika lead me to believe this is a cast copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you. I held off on bidding being unsure. Someone got it for $85. So others probably had doubts too.