Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Article about: Hi folks, I´m new in this forum and I would love to start with a question.. Couple days ago I got a medal bar with an Iron Cross 1914 2.class with attached clasp 1939. The clasp is maker mar

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Hi folks,
    I´m new in this forum and I would love to start with a question..
    Couple days ago I got a medal bar with an Iron Cross 1914 2.class with attached clasp 1939. The clasp is maker marked L/16.It is NOT a full size clasp,its a miniature but,without prongs.As far as I see,there have never been any prongs on.
    Have you ever seen those clasps? I can´t find any pictures or details in net
    Hope you can help me
    Best regards
    Wolf
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 19141939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-22-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914
    P
    Many

Here a picture of the medal bar..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please try to take some straight on photos of the head and shoulders as the detail in this area is important. Here are some photos for examples.
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker, Prinzen
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I don't like it as the head is wrong and there is no pebbling around the swastika or the date box. I have seen EKII spanges same style and they are fake as I suspect this one is. Here is a picture of a prinzen L/16.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  

Thanks for the picture,CMSgt..can you tell me the size of your prinzen?
    mine is approx. 12 by 12mm and,there is pebbling around the swastika and the date box but less then yours.
    I try tomorrow to make better pictures,hope my cam could handle it...

?

What you have is a miniature and those are not used on medals but on ribbon bars. A Prinzen measures approximately 23mm. Your miniature is good and there are a lot of different styles for maker. Yours would have been mounted on a pin like this one. Jim

?

If you bought the bar because of the spange, I would recommend sending it back. It looks like the spange was added after the fact (string on left side of spange). Jim

@Jim..
    no,the Spange was only an additional "gadget",I bought the medal bar because of the Bavarian Cross

But,to be honest,I cant realy see what you mean with "string on left side of spange"..

?

Quote by Wolfman69 View Post
    But,to be honest,I cant realy see what you mean with "string on left side of spange"..
    It appears that there is a strand of thread hanging lose under the wings. Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast