Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1957 Knights Cross for Review

Article about: I've been looking to purchase a textbook 1957 KC First pattern and I came across this one. I am wondering if it is original and the desired type 1. Your thoughts, gents. Thanks in advance. R

?

Default 1957 Knights Cross for Review

I've been looking to purchase a textbook 1957 KC First pattern and I came across this one. I am wondering if it is original and the desired type 1. Your thoughts, gents. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Knights Cross for Review
    P
    Many

Howdy buddy, Octavian here. I am wondering where the "crows feet" are on this 57RK. Normally they are very crisp. All corners look either exceptionally worn and rounded or its glare on the camera angle. I am used to seeing those crossed hatch marks on RKs. But you know me SSamir, RK's are not my specialty, but the core looks good to me. I am looking forward to further responses to see what the other members say. Take care friend. -Octavian-

It's certainly an early core and has the dent row, curious wear on the ribbing but that may be honest wear.

My example to compare...

?

Guys, thanks for the feedback. I got a couple of thumbs up elsewhere on this one, so I went along and bought it. I will keep it until I find a minty one for the right price. I see these early types, or "first patterns" are climbing up in value, so just might be a great investment.

Regards
    Samir

?

Glenn, your cross rocks! Very nice early example. My compliments.

Samir

looks fine to me too Samir.

?

Update, gents. The cross is a good one but not the expected 1st pattern, "B" frame circa 1957-65 I was looking for. This one is a1st pattern core, late version "D" frame possible circa 1980-1990s version.
    I contacted the seller for a refund. Lets see what happens.

Congrats SSamir! I was feeling good about this one. Cant wait till you post pics of it. Any RK is a nice addition to any collection.

?

Quote by octavian View Post
    Congrats SSamir! I was feeling good about this one. Cant wait till you post pics of it. Any RK is a nice addition to any collection.
    I'm actually returning it. I want the 1st pattern type, the 1st pattern core with the "b" frame. The one I posted is a nice one, but I cant afford to keep two types.