Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

About to buy an EK II

Article about: Hi, I'm about to buy this EK2, I was wondering if it is real and if so, which maker. Sadly it looks like it is not marked. Either way it's not visible on the photo's. Any help/advice whether

Question About to buy an EK II

Hi,

I'm about to buy this EK2, I was wondering if it is real and if so, which maker. Sadly it looks like it is not marked. Either way it's not visible on the photo's.

Any help/advice whether to buy this one would be greatly appreciated, price is 90 Euro.

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About to buy an EK II   About to buy an EK II  

About to buy an EK II  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement About to buy an EK II
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: About to buy an EK II

It's an original EK, looks like an S&L type cross, possibly cleaned. 90€ is a bit high for an unmarked EK2, you can find them cheaper so my advice would be to look around before buying this example at that price.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Cheers, Adrian. I'm going to look for a marked one, which LDO mark is the most common for a reasonable price(around 90 euro's)? I want my first EK2 to be a marked one.

Check out a site called 'emedals'.
    They have many different EK types - marked and unmarked.
    I make purchases from this dealer occasionally........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Firebee View Post
    Cheers, Adrian. I'm going to look for a marked one, which LDO mark is the most common for a reasonable price(around 90 euro's)? I want my first EK2 to be a marked one.
    There are two types of marking on an EK2. There is the PKZ number which is a single, double or three digit number, for example: 1, 15 or 120 and then there are the LDO numbered crosses, L/11 to name one.
    LDO numbered EKs are more expensive than PKZ crosses purely due to the rarity of them. L/11 is the most common to find. You can find the PKZ numbered awards very easily, my advice would be to get a Wachtler & Lange, easy to find, very often in excellent condition and marked '100'. The decision of course is yours - it's your money!
    You could try a Google search for Klaus Butschek, Peter Von Lukacs, German Historica, German War Booty, Kai Winkler, Carsten Baldes, Markus Schulze. These are all good dealers who offer decent items at fair prices and all of whom I would recommend.

Hi Firebee and welcome to the forum

Buying your first EK2 is exciting and you will always remember it.

My advice is to buy a nice maker marked '100' Wachtler & Lange.

They are usually in lovely condition and there are many around.

Good luck and keep us updated

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks all!

I found this EK2 mm 100:
    Foto Gallery

Anyone got experience with this seller? And is it an original?

Thanks all!

I found this EK2 mm 100:
    Foto Gallery

I am not familar with this seller, cross looks ok though but you can get 100s with nicer frosting. Try this dealer ;
    Klaus Butschek - german militaria - Iron Cross 2nd Class 100 marked

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hmm, nice find. However, it says the swastika is missing 10% color of its upper arm.
    Is this a lot? Since the swastika is covered up, I don't know what to expect.

?

Thanks all!

I found this EK2 mm 100:
    Foto Gallery

I believe this is from a seller I've used in the past, for some reason his website won't open for me so I'm only guessing. How much is he asking? If it is the guy I'm thinking of I think he overprices his items so haven't bought from him for a while now.

With regard to the EK Nick has pointed out, you could email Klaus and ask him for an uncensored photo, I'm sure he will oblige. Then you can see exactly what condition the swastika is in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast