Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Always wanted to have a nice cased one!

Article about: Hello everyone, I have been offered this one for my consideration. Seems to be marked for CF Zimmerman and it's condition appears to be excellent! What's your thoughts?

?

Default Always wanted to have a nice cased one!

Hello everyone,

I have been offered this one for my consideration. Seems to be marked for CF Zimmerman and it's condition appears to be excellent! What's your thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Always wanted to have a nice cased one!   Always wanted to have a nice cased one!  

Always wanted to have a nice cased one!   Always wanted to have a nice cased one!  

Always wanted to have a nice cased one!   Always wanted to have a nice cased one!  

Always wanted to have a nice cased one!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Always wanted to have a nice cased one!
    P
    Many

I dont think C Zimmermann made EK1 Spange and if they did the maker mark would be inside the pin

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I'm undecided if this is a complete fake or an original that has a post war mark added.

Either way, the '20' mark is a red flag that means a closer look is required.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

The "20" font seems to look different from those found on EK1s.

Quote by Anzel View Post
    The "20" font seems to look different from those found on EK1s.
    That is quite common, you can find marks on KVK's differ from marks on EK's too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Ok, I am still bumping into somethings within this china shop!

?

Hey folks, the seller has offered this to me at a reduced price. So is this all bad, a little bad or ok? Is the case junk too? Just curious because I have acquired verified authentic EK1s both WW1 and WW2 from him. Thanks in advance!

These "20" Spanges are a known fake. Many red flags here: 1. All marked spanges have "L/" before the number. 2. The broad flat catch was not used until post war. 3. As Nick said, "20" is for Zimmerman and they would have stamped the Inside of the pin-not the outside.

In addition, I do not particularly like the case either. The beak on the eagle is bizarre and I've been unable to recall ever seeing one that looked like this one does.

These "20" Spanges are fairly new and are slowly picking up speed on the market as they begin to spread out from the fakers shop into the hobby place. Definitely not good and to be avoided.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks for the recap and your advise Wagriff. I will stay away from this one.

Best,
    Anzel

Hí Anzel
    let him go this is a bad eagle
    """Carl Friedrich Zimmermann never produced EK1 spange""