Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??

Article about: Hi guys, well a couple days ago I snagged an EKI for a very good price. I have nagging suspicions/paranoia that it's a Floch, but two factors made me go ahead and grab it anyway: 1) I bought

Default Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??

Hi guys, well a couple days ago I snagged an EKI for a very good price. I have nagging suspicions/paranoia that it's a Floch, but two factors made me go ahead and grab it anyway: 1) I bought it from Klaus Butschek, who as I'm sure you all know is a very reputable dealer--one of the best. 2) at the price I was afraid it would be grabbed up and then I would regret it (the good price was made even better by his 10% off all items sale going on now).

But the pin still doesn't sit perfectly with me. Perhaps it is just the angle, but it looks like it's got that indentation that's a smoking gun on Flochs. I am not the most learned person when it comes to Flochs though so I'm not sure...

Please someone verify if it is Floch or good. If it is a Floch, it is no big deal, I can get my money back as Klaus has a generous return policy, but it's still a pain
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??   Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??  

Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??   Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??

Definitely not a Floch! Defiitely original. Possibly an S&L but I'm not 100% sure, hopefully one of the others can help out.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??

Yes, it's most definitely not a Floch. I think Adrian has identified it correctly, I too believe it is an S&L with the late war (and post war) style hinge and pin set up.

Your photographs are very bright and hard to study properly, but do I see a maker mark on the centre of the pin?

Regards - Danny

Thanks for alleviating my suspicion, it's great to hear that it's good! There is indeed a maker mark, it's stamped "4". This is S&L?

Yes, the pictures are quite bright. I will be sure to post some of my own when I receive it. As I said, got quite the deal on this, I think especially because it is marked, though I'm not sure. Very happy it's good and can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks again, guys, I bow to your infinite knowledge.

?

Well spotted Danny, I didn't even see the makers mark.
    Yes, '4' is Steinhauer & Luck, I hope you post some better pics when it arrives with you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes, '4' is S&L (Steinhauer & Lück, Lüdenscheid).
    Just be aware that some of these types were made post-war so they are not as desirable as the earlier pin versions. Here's another for comparison with the same hardware.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??   Bought an EKI, have suspicions it's a Floch. Please confirm or deny??  

?

Hello
    I wait for new pics because unfortunately I don't see anything, but I 'm curious to see it.
    Danny showed a nice S&L. It could be contemporary cross, or some partes are contemporary for sure, but it don't pass me a good feeling, just a taste problem.

Quote by fabri View Post
    Hello
    I wait for new pics because unfortunately I don't see anything, but I 'm curious to see it.
    Danny showed a nice S&L. It could be contemporary cross, or some partes are contemporary for sure, but it don't pass me a good feeling, just a taste problem.
    Hi Fabri,

I'm not really sure if you are saying it is a wartime cross or not, however, from what I have read about these type, I believe mine to be a late war version as opposed to a post-war.

Although the set-up is the same, I have read that the post war versions are not as carefully made and don't have frosting. My example pictured above displays all of the quality workmanship I would expect from a period cross and also have quite a bit of frosting remaining on the beading.

Regards - Danny

?

Hi Danny

sincerly I have not written any afirmation about your nice cross because I don't know if it's pre '45 or not.
    I have not studied this type, I have just some infos and I'm sure you know late S&L EKIs more than me.
    I have not a good feeling with these needle and hinge just because I have seen them on post-war examples but it don't means anything, your nice cross could be an original pre '45.
    As you know there many examples of crosses post '45 (Deumer for example) with parts manufactured during the WW2, so my thought is just about personal taste.
    Your cross is so fine that it 's really very hard to think it could be a post-war work.