Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Was "Carl Forster & Graf" an EK2 maker?

Article about: Hi all, This time I would like to know your opinion about Carl Forster & Graf. I have obtained an mint envelope, but did Carl Forster & Graf make EK2? Is it an maker that did not mar

Default Was "Carl Forster & Graf" an EK2 maker?

Hi all,

This time I would like to know your opinion about Carl Forster & Graf. I have obtained an mint envelope, but did Carl Forster & Graf make EK2? Is it an maker that did not mark their EK2?

The attached images is not my envelope since my camera is broken. But it looks exactley the same, maybe a little darker. It smells old to compared with my other definitely original EK2 envelopes .

What can you guys/girls say about Carl Forster & Graf?

Thanks
    Jonas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Was "Carl Forster & Graf" an EK2 maker?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Was "Carl Forster & Graf" an EK2 maker?

One of the most debated and talked about EK subjects. If you do searches across forums you will see so many opinions.

I believe a hoard of mint packets were found but I havent yet seen any conclusive evidence that F&G crosses existed.

Adrian may have more knowledge on the subject

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

i myself have seem hundreds of these mint packets left right and centre some going at absurb prices but i have never seen a marked cross of F&G maker so unless someones hording the crosses and getting rid of the packets its very weird

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    i myself have seem hundreds of these mint packets left right and centre some going at absurb prices but i have never seen a marked cross of F&G maker so unless someones hording the crosses and getting rid of the packets its very weird

tom
    Indeed Tom, it makes you wonder if they were hoarded !! What a thought !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

If these packets are original it means that this maker started an EKII production.
    There is a still good number of crosses with the unknown manufacturer so it 's possible that they exist and are unmarked.
    For me the real question is: why do I find just minty packets ? are there worn packets that prove these crosses were awarded ?

now im interested fabri made a good point the big thing is "IF" there may be a possibility that the first thing the company made were the packets which were stored and then the war ended and the packets where captured by whoever horded them but without the medals having ever been made

tom

This is quite interesting; did an EK2 maker also produce its own envelopes? Or, did they order them from someone else? I mean paper is paper and it would be more cost efficient to order them from someone that is specialized in paper. I find it hard to believe that every maker also put together their own envelopes. It could be in the F&G case that they ordered the envelopes (late war) which were delivered but the EK2 making did not start for some reason. So in the end the only legacy from F&G regarding EK2 is a bunch of envelopes.