Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Forster & Graf, Schwab Gmund

Article about: I am looking for the marker code for this maker. I have been utilizing an EK1 and EK2 list that seems to be incomplete. Thanks for your help! Anzel

?

Default Carl Forster & Graf, Schwab Gmund

I am looking for the marker code for this maker. I have been utilizing an EK1 and EK2 list that seems to be incomplete. Thanks for your help!
    Anzel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Forster & Graf, Schwab Gmund
    P
    Many

As far as I've ever heard, Forster and Graf never made EK's. They were in the silverware business and did make some tinnies and Mother's Crosses, but only made the Paper Packets for EK's. Strange, but apparently, true. They had the RZM code of M9/154.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ok, that makes sense because I have seen the envelopes with their mark. So did specific makers purchase their envelopes without adding their own stamp?

Thanks Wagriff!

?

I have the opportunity to pick up one of their envelopes for my EK2 collection.

Literally Thousands of these packets were supposedly found after the war-all still new and in wrapped bundles. There is still quite a debate on them, as some have the LDO markings on them and some do not. But what Is known is that at least 1 person-and it is assumed that he was not the 1st and only one-acquired at Least 3,000 of these packets and had a fine time selling them to countless dealers. I imagine that there are many many more out there either from the same source or from others.
    William

Some companies produced both the packets And the EK's, while others simply produced one or the other or even simply Ordered packets from a paper maker. Confusingly, it's not always 100% safe to go by the name on the packet, but Sometimes you Can!
    William

?

Don't forget, not every manufacturer of awards made EKs, some made just EK2s, some only EK1s.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    As far as I've ever heard, Forster and Graf never made EK's. They were in the silverware business and did make some tinnies and Mother's Crosses, but only made the Paper Packets for EK's. Strange, but apparently, true. They had the RZM code of M9/154.
    ...or maybe they did make EK's

EK 2 Forster & Barth

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Mysteries! A couple of years have passed since the discussion on the "10" cross-have any others come to light in the meanwhile?
    William

?

Well I was out in "hyper space" (browsing the web for militaria like a sick dog looking for a bone) and I came across an interesting offer at e-militaria. It had an envelope with the above maker and what looks like a minty unmarked EK2 unissued. I have my thumb on several envelopes that I can buy for an ok price. Just don't want to buy junk.
    Nick, thanks for adding link to your "10" very interesting. As Adrian comments I agree the mark of "10" looks very consistent with other non controversial marker ring marked examples.
    I wanted to buy the envelopes and simply match them to the appropriate marker within my collection. I have been playing around in my head with some displaying styles.
    Best,
    Anzel