Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cased EK1 W&L L/55

Article about: to late to worry now nick.

Default Re: Cased EK1 W&L L/55

to late to worry now nick.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased EK1 W&L L/55
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Nick I'm no expert..but if you look A2Z Military Collectables halfway down the page 1 like yours there & the mark is on the inside!!!.. 100..I could be pi**ing in the wind mind!!!! Cheers Terry.
    If you're talking about the one below Terry, it's not even a Wachtler & Lange piece and I'm not even sure it it's good. Either way a seller selling an EK which is marked incorrectly and is very obviously wrong as W&L EKs are among the easiest to identify and also the most common, despite the fact the seller has marked it as a 'scarce maker' shows he ain't done his homework...........

Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Thanks Terry, yes most are on the inside, wondering if anyone has seen the stamp on the outside of the pin before

Nick
    It's a nice set but have to admit being curious about the marking when I saw it on the update. Do you have an L/55 marked EK2 Nick?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    to late to worry now nick.
    No its not mate, the seller is reputable and its not despatched until Tuesday so any comments are welcome

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If you're talking about the one below Terry, it's not even a Wachtler & Lange piece and I'm not even sure it it's good. Either way a seller selling an EK which is marked incorrectly and is very obviously wrong as W&L EKs are among the easiest to identify and also the most common, despite the fact the seller has marked it as a 'scarce maker' shows he ain't done his homework...........

Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55

It's a nice set but have to admit being curious about the marking when I saw it on the update. Do you have an L/55 marked EK2 Nick?
    Sadly not Adrian It could be an added marking or a rare mis-stamped example

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick,

I've seen a double stamped W&L EK1 where the PKZ 100 mark has been overstamped with the LDO L/55 MM, but on the inside of the pin. Having said that, the shape of the two '5's were almost identical to the ones your cross shows, with subtle differences to them both.Also the lines above and below the numbers appear the same, rather than them being in a 'box' so to speak.

I have also noted a W&L EK1 with the LDO number missing the '/' between the 'L' and '55', there by being 'L55'.

I'm not really up on EK's, but I think on balance from what i've seen this may just be an unusual anomaly, and the cross is o.k.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Got home , looked in the B&D book and there is a fine example of the stamp on the outer pin

Nick

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Nick,

I've seen a double stamped W&L EK1 where the PKZ 100 mark has been overstamped with the LDO L/55 MM, but on the inside of the pin. Having said that, the shape of the two '5's were almost identical to the ones your cross shows, with subtle differences to them both.Also the lines above and below the numbers appear the same, rather than them being in a 'box' so to speak.

I have also noted a W&L EK1 with the LDO number missing the '/' between the 'L' and '55', there by being 'L55'.

I'm not really up on EK's, but I think on balance from what i've seen this may just be an unusual anomaly, and the cross is o.k.

Regards, Ned.
    Thank you Ned ! That is encouraging feedback mate

Nick

?

Good for you Nick... So all is well in Blackpool!!!! Cheers Terry.

Great example Nick!

FWIW here is my L55 EK1, marked on the inside of the pin.

Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55Cased EK1 W&L L/55

Here is the example in the B&D book

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased EK1 W&L L/55  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast