Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth Ek1

Article about: Hello this is one of a bunch of medals and Decorations I am being offered and I'm trying to sort out which ones are real and which ones are fake, your help is very much appreciated and have

?

Default Cloth Ek1

Hello this is one of a bunch of medals and Decorations I am being offered and I'm trying to sort out which ones are real and which ones are fake, your help is very much appreciated and have a very Happy New Year!

All the best,
    Stefan

Cloth Ek1Cloth Ek1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cloth Ek1
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Cloth Ek1

Hello Stefan you dont see these very often, ive just compared to an origional and they do not match at all. Unless there are different types, on the known origional i looked at it has silver metl? like ribbing around the outer and inner edges and for the date also the swaz and backing are all black. So i would be cautious but lets wait ad see. As i havent seen very many of these

?

I think you are right, just looked up some examples as well and it doesnt even hold a single feature similar other than the shape...

All the best,
    Stefan

?

Yea just lacks quality aswell, not something you would come across too often

?

Also looks quite small compaired to original decoration rare badge to find in cloth

?

Cloth EK1s are as rare as the proverbial rocking horse s**t and authenticating them is difficult at best. Based upon the images above I would not be happy to call it original. The execution is far too poor for a prestigious award, the outlines aren't clean and it has an overall fuzzy look which I'm sure wouldn't be acceptable.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i concur. bogus. does not in any way resemble those rare originals.

incorrect in materials, workmanship and construction.