MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

THE Deschler Round Three EK2!

Article about: Hi Adri hi all today afternoon I 've taken some pics of my R3 , the thick and the Deschler. A comparison to understand if cores comes from same die. IMO the answer is yes. I find just a litt

?

Default THE Deschler Round Three EK2!

A new EK2 arrived today - THE Deschler Round Three!
    Contrary to many beliefs, this is the only Round Three EK2 that we can positively attribute to Deschler. All the others are unknown as they don't exhibit any frame or core characteristics that can be matched to known makers. The only similarity on the others is the 'Hump' where the suspension ring is soldered, this is the same as Deschler's way of attachment. Other than that there is nothing we can match to Deschler and this single feature in common is far too circumstantial in my opinion.
    The pics below show the Deschler Round Three and then a side by side shot showing it next to a marked regular Deschler. The frames are identical as can be seen.
    Please discuss!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture THE Deschler Round Three EK2!   THE Deschler Round Three EK2!  

THE Deschler Round Three EK2!   THE Deschler Round Three EK2!  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement THE Deschler Round Three EK2!
    P
    Many

Default Re: THE Deschler Round Three EK2!

The frames are carbon copies !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice EK2

?

That is a very fine cross! I love the 2 brothers

I'm still missing both.

Nice Deschler Adrian.
    Like Snni, I have yet to get myself one of these.

regards John

?

Hi Adrian
    it 's absolutely a beauty ! great find ! can you compare cores of the Deschler R3 with the Thick R3 ?

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Hi Adrian
    it 's absolutely a beauty ! great find ! can you compare cores of the Deschler R3 with the Thick R3 ?
    Thank you as always for your comments guys!

Here you go Fabri,
    A quick montage of the three Round Three EK2s I have in my collection, what do you think.......?

(The reverse images are in the same order as the obverse images, Thin, Deschler, Thick from top to bottom.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture THE Deschler Round Three EK2!   THE Deschler Round Three EK2!  

?

Thanks Adrian. Your pic is demonstration that core of the Thin is similar but not same of the other ones. The great difference I see is in the red circle.
    The Thick and the framed Deschler don't show any difference. I have just studied these two cores but I have not find differences. Please take a look to yours, 4 eyes are better than 2 ..

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Thanks Adrian. Your pic is demonstration that core of the Thin is similar but not same of the other ones. The great difference I see is in the red circle.
    The Thick and the framed Deschler don't show any difference. I have just studied these two cores but I have not find differences. Please take a look to yours, 4 eyes are better than 2 ..
    I agree with you Fabri that the 'Thin' EK date is different from the other two. The 'Thick' and Deschler are very very similar. I will take a photo of the two dates in the same light so we can compare them more clearly.

?

ops.. I have not attached the pic there.. well when I say great difference in the red circle I was talking about the second numer 1 in 1813 date.

I have checked my crosses just with lens but I have them at home now so tomorrow I also can take some good pics of dates. So we have more things to compare.
    I invite other members to show dates of their thick R3 and Deschler R3 to share this study and opinion with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast