Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?

Article about: Please help to verify authenticity. has a name on the back and 1 on the clasp. I found one website which list guy with same name as Luftwaffe ace Fritz Brandt 8 (NJG2, 101 & 3). Any info

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?

Please help to verify authenticity. has a name on the back and 1 on the clasp. I found one website which list guy with same name as Luftwaffe ace Fritz Brandt 8 (NJG2, 101 & 3).
    Any info will be helpful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?  

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?
    P
    Many

Sorry but for me a cast back is bad sign - looks like rivets too are part of casting.
    Hinge is all wrong and no quality. Good ones can be found with a forum search.
    Oh , and anyone can engrave a name - plus the script is not German .
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello again, I am sorry to say that I agree completely with Dan, there is no quality to the manufacture of this piece and you can see the "pitting" from the casting of the piece on the reverse quite clearly. Leon.

It is fake, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A poorly made fake. All wrong.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Hi Twism, firstly DCIG, the photos look like they have a Silver wreath.
    This is what it should look like.... This one has a 20 marked on the back of the pin.

Regards SK

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?Hi Twism, firstly DCIG, the photos look like they have a Silver wreath.
    This is what it should look like.... This one has a 20 marked on the back of the pin.

Regards SK
    Not wishing to deliberately embarrass you old boy, but that is most certainly NOT what it should look like. Zimmermann (20) crosses only ever used hollow rivets for a start, and there's other problems with the whole badge, it's basically as bad an example of a Zimmermann (20) cross as the OP's is of a Deschler (1) i'm afraid......

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned, not embarrassed,are you just saying it's not a 20 or are you saying its a fake?

Regards SK

Here is my old genuine Zimmermann to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real?  Deutsches Kreuz in Gold : Real? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Ned, not embarrassed,are you just saying it's not a 20 or are you saying its a fake?

Regards SK
    Both. Although the pic's are upside down and taken from an acute angle which is a major embuggerance in aiding verification, I can confirm it's not a Zimmermann cross, as besides the incorrect rivets, the hinge, pin catch, and wreath are all wrong, and I can see no sign of the 11 o'clock flaw that should be on the starburst plate. Also, if the badge were genuine, but by another maker, why mark it 20 for Zimmermann?

The rivets on the cross you show most resemble those on Juncker crosses, being recessed in the backplate slightly and having a cone shaped head that's solid. But again, the wreath is not one of the two types Juncker used, the date lacks the usual flaws and there is no sign of the notches that are seen around the date shield of that makers crosses, so again, fake. Do you own this cross? I have a feeling the case is bad too, and they run at nearly a grand these days if real.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast