Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you know this cross/frame ?

Article about: Hi guys I need your help. Here it is a very nice EKII, 1914 cored, BUT .. manufactured during the WWII, I think something like 1940-1942. Please take a look to this frame, what do you think

?

Default Do you know this cross/frame ?

Hi guys
    I need your help. Here it is a very nice EKII, 1914 cored, BUT .. manufactured during the WWII, I think something like 1940-1942.
    Please take a look to this frame, what do you think ? I have an idea but seems it doesn't match perfectly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this cross/frame ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you know this cross/frame ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Do you know this cross/frame ?

Would this one be your idea Fabri?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this cross/frame ?   Do you know this cross/frame ?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Adrian, yes it is but seems that there is not the match.. I take a new pic
    which are dimensions of your ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this cross/frame ?  

?

Not an exact match Fabri I agree but it was the first one that sprang to mind. Do you think there could have been work to the die carried out? The detail on your frame is very worn and has several die flaws.

?

Well the reverse dates don't seem to match which is a shame. The dimensions of the cross I posted above are 43.36mm wide and 43.11mm high.

?

Same thing happened with me when I have seen it.
    Uhmm.. I don't know, maybe. Please take a look to this pic from WAF, here we can see a cross with silver frame (so probably from WWI)
    with an intermixed, frames comes from the same die. Hard to say for me where to put my cross in chronological way.
    My one measures 43.3 x 43.4 mm, measures typical for the Schinkel type but not anymore for the 1914 cored (out of this just Deumer).

P.S. this is an EKI 1914 cored, please take a look to core details and compare with my 2nd class.

?

Hmmm.
    Again, the cores are different from the one above to the cross you opened the thread with. Not just the dates but also the crown too. No mistaking the frames though, a certain match.
    I started a thread down in the Imperial section asking if anyone could find a match to a marked cross but with no luck.
    There are many possible theories Fabri, who can know for sure? Until a marked example from WW1 turns up we may never know. Or it may be that all the crosses using this frame were produced in WW2?

?

You 're right, there is not a perfect match in frame and core but just many likeness on them, in my opinion too many.
    My mind took direction that they are next of kin.

It 's not excluded that also the silver framed comes from WWII, I find it very far but not impossible.

?

I have to correct myself because seems that this cross comes from the WWI and probably marked ED.
    But still I don't understand why it 's not silver framed.. charateristic of this maker or frame is really in silver ? bah..

?

I'm fairly sure I have an Imperial EK2 marked 'ED' at home. I'll check later on and post it if I do.
    The frame on your cross might be silver Fabri, it could've been cleaned a while ago and is only just starting to tarnish again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast