Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or good

Article about: Hi , just seen tis oakleaf on the internet its weights 8.34 gr and has no maker mark just stamp 900 there are no better pics yet i think is fake but you never now but if its an good one .. g

Default Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or good

Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or goodEichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or goodHi , just seen tis oakleaf on the internet
    its weights 8.34 gr and has no maker mark just stamp 900
    there are no better pics yet

i think is fake but you never now
    but if its an good one ..

gr andreas
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-30-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German Terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or good
    P
    Many

Default Re: oakleaf 900 ..fake or good

More pics of the backside (closer) will reveal alot. Take pics of Loop and side shots of oakleaf. Is the backing flat or slightly concaved? Make sure to include stamping pics also.

?

Default Re: Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or good

I would say fake because the obverse characteristics match only the first pattern Godet yet the back which appears to be completely flat should be concave in that instance.

Comparing to the few other makers who did produce Eichenlaub, the shapes of the leaves, and various distances between edges and trimming oulines there is no match.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes merked 900 ..fake or good

Adrian is right. Either a fairly modern piece or at best a jewelers copy. Definitely not a Godet made award.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

well thankx for sharing ,it was to good to be tru.. but i had to try !!

thx al lot
    gr andreas