Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1 good one?

Article about: Sorry for all these post but got a collection of badges,need help!No maker mark on this one.

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1 good one?

Sorry for all these post but got a collection of badges,need help!No maker mark on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1 good one?   Eisernes Kreuz 1 good one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1 good one?
    P
    Many

A Souval product, with this pin-type considered post war by many collectors.

Regards,
    Nick

Thanks Nick!Sure looks old to me,who would have made this and when?Some collectors think they are good and some don't?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks Nick! Sure looks old to me,who would have made this and when? Some collectors think they are good and some don't?
    As said in my previous post, the maker is Rudolf Souval. A legitimate wartime Hersteller of both EK classes. They were located in Austria, where they didn't have a swastika ban. Souval kept on producing EKs well into the 1980's and maybe even later, first as souvenirs to Allied soldiers and later to the collector's market.

So how do you see the difference between a cross made pre May 1945 and immediately post May 1945? That's where the frustration starts......

Btw, I should have said this pin-type in combination with the catch.

Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 03-15-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks for the detailed info,appreciate it!This Souval is not post war IMO,it came with some other badges and buckles all good.

I'm a passionate EK1 collector with a manufacturer, I generally keep my hands off Souval pieces, then I'm on the safe side too, greetings

I understand,too bad Souval kept making these after the war ,that has condemmed every original Souval out there ,for you and some others.