Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: Hello again, One half of my spending spree for today. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. I have purchased in the past a Flock, and was pretty uptight about purchasing a replacement. T

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Hello again,

One half of my spending spree for today. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. I have purchased in the past a Flock, and was pretty uptight about purchasing a replacement. The seller has an upstanding reputation, so I just went ahead with the transaction(without posting here first). I have a lifetime guarantee if I ever have any doubts. No makers marks to be found. So what do ya think?

If more pics are needed ask!

Nathan

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

It looks like a Souval cross

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Indeed a Souval ,... "dipping 3"

?

A dipping three and frame characteristics make it a Souval.

Now, the task is to look at the rear set up and compare to wartime examples.
    Was it assembled during the war or after?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian, I looked at a few and my eyes aren't sharp enough to note the differences. Does the detail on the front go for the Ek2 that you made that excellent thread for?

Lots of searching.... I haven't found anything with a similar rear catch set up so far. Some very close, but none spot on. The "claw" in the corners was touted as real for the EK2s, and some have been mentioned in EK1 threads. Also I see the small flaw in the [upper arm on the left side] that is spoken about often, and is attributed to wartime examples.

So... Wartime?

I still can probably change this out tomorrow if necessary, so I would like to get some takes before then!

Thanks as always,

Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan362; 11-30-2013 at 05:38 PM.

?

The frame characteristics apply to first and second class regarding the three toed claw and also the small flaw on the top edge of the beading.
    The funny thing is is that dipping three cores are accepted as wartime on the first class but not on the second. Always puzzled me.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

OK. Good to hear Adrian. I know there is still no guarantees with this maker, but its nice to know in general its accepted as WW2. I may still upgrade again one day, but I am glad its not a flock!