Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: Hello Sirs, Fairly new guy here with a newby question. This one looks legit to me but I'd like the verification from the experts please. I know that the pictures are not the best but I have

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Hello Sirs,
    Fairly new guy here with a newby question. This one looks legit to me but I'd like the verification from the experts please. I know that the pictures are not the best but I have not purchased the item yet.

#26 on the pin.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Rob

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-02-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Really bad photos, but from the hardware it looks to be good B.H. Mayer.

Miro

Difficult to tell from the picture's, but the frame around the core of the cross shows no signs of any gaps - which would indicate the cross being cast. Better pictures would be needed to say for sure.

I agree with both comments please can you show a full frontal shot of the obverse

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you. I was hoping to buy this item and post better pictures however the seller is now not communicating with me (internet sale). I will post better pictures if I'm able to purchase it.

Best,
    Rob

If he's not communicating with you maybe he is afraid of showing better pictures!

I didn't ask for any other pictures. My guess is that he sold it to someone else. We'll see.

?

I still think this is the good cross. Surely not cast one piece. Core is struck and painted. If you open and upscale photo of the obverse, you will see the rust showing up between frame and core. I agree with Joe, cross was probably sold or - it´s middle of the summer - the seller is enjoying the sun... But, hey, it´s just B. H. Mayer, nothing uncommon, you will find another in a while.
    Miro