Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: I am looking at a 1st class screw back iron cross, with zinc core. On the screw back marked ss rzm 41. Was zinc ever used as a core? Thanks John

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

I am looking at a 1st class screw back iron cross, with zinc core. On the screw back marked ss rzm 41. Was zinc ever used as a core? Thanks John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

As far as I know, any medal marked with SS and RZM are fakes made from lead out of Poland.
    Photos would help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Default zinc 1st class iron cross pic

Here is pic of cross. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  

I may be wrong, but from that photo it doesn't look like a 3 piece construction. The paint from the core overlaps all the beading, looks just like a cast piece?

Walk away for the reasons stated

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you for the input, I had not actually seen the cross & your expertise save me a 40 mile trip. Best regards John

I have one of these fakes , was originally from Poland and marked 41 also . Here is a picture for reference ,

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

?

Yeah, but you have to admit that the markings on the screw back plate are neat!
    Sarge

Dude that is such a fantasy item. Run away