Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: My uncle passed away and left this medal to me. Not sure if it is real or not so please check the photos for me guys.

Rugged
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

My uncle passed away and left this medal to me. Not sure if it is real or not so please check the photos for me guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-23-2015 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunate circumstances have made you the keeper of this Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, or, Iron cross, First Class.
    There are quite a few members here that will be willing to help you. If that maker mark is correct, and the cross is original, then I believe you will find it was made by a firm by the name of Gebruder Godet.
    I believe that it IS original, Iron Crosses are not my strong point.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Im afraid its a bad fake.

Spurious hardware, poor everything ....

I have posted a pic of my Godet so you can see the differences.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Rugged
    ?

well thank you for the reply, like I said have no idea what I had there. There was also a panzer combat action badge I think as well.
    Thank you for the welcome, I have always been a war history buff. I play tabletop war miniatures such as Blot Action and Flames Of War.