Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.

Article about: I searched for some Zimmermann "20" iron crosses and the ones I found all had this marking on the inside of the needle,But I'm interested in buying one but that markings is outside

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.

I searched for some Zimmermann "20" iron crosses and the ones I found all had this marking on the inside of the needle,But I'm interested in buying one but that markings is outside, is possible or not? Look the photos.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-31-2017 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, doubt about marking.
    P
    Many

?

Ok, so I did something you could've easily done yourself, comparing yours with known original C.F. Zimmermann's on the forum. To be honoust I'm still learning, but I don't like the look of your EK1. The pin and catch look different from what I have seen on others. Also it looks to be a one piece construction. You can see the paint from the core going up the side.
    I suggest you wait for more expert opinions, but like I said it looks different from other C.F. Zimmermann's I've looked at.

Regards, Rik

The hardware (see the hook) doesn't look the same as other Zimmermans I've looked at before posting

And a small thing (maybe insignificant I do not know) but the font used for the number '20' isn't the same;

Added to Riks comments above, esp it looking like a 'one-piecer' should maybe be enough to make you slide past this one.

A poor fake I'm afraid

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the help my friends!