Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse help

Article about: I'm new to collecting medals. Can someone point me in a good direction to the right information? Kinda hard for me to figure out fakes and legit ones. Found these 2 can you please help?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse help

I'm new to collecting medals. Can someone point me in a good direction to the right information? Kinda hard for me to figure out fakes and legit ones. Found these 2 can you please help? Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse helpEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse help  
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-29-2018 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse help
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum, are you able to get better quality pictures of the Iron Cross? A few good signs would also be magnet testing the Iron core and examining the edge of the cross (Iron Crosses are pressed together, think of an oreo with the cookies being the frame and the iron core being the frosting ).

Let me see what I can do

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Sorry, you will need better photos to determine if this is original or not.
    Sometimes, even with better photos it is still difficult, they make very good fakes of these you know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I posted 2 more photos

Clearer, straight on obverse and reverse photos are what I am asking for.
    Also, we need to be able to read the maker's mark.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That's all I can get from the person who is selling them. The makers mark on the one is L15 and the other is not marked

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse helpEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse help these are the best photos of the L15 I can get

The L15 is yet another Floch fake. The other cross is a Souval.

Please keep in mind that each award should receive their own thread. This is to maintain a better forum overview.

Regards,
    Nick