Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.

Article about: Hello all. I have recently acquired this badge for may ww2 collection and would appreciate if anybody can help to determine if it is a real deal. It comes in original box. Badge does not loo

Leo
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.

Hello all. I have recently acquired this badge for may ww2 collection and would appreciate if anybody can help to determine if it is a real deal. It comes in original box. Badge does not look it has ever been worn. It looks authentic from front to me but on the back it has that rainbow luster and does not have any makers mark. Edges on the back also are little sharp like it was cut bet not finished but maybe that is the way they made these, I just don't have any example to compare. Also it is magnetic and measures 44.1 mm. Please let me know what do you think of this badge. Is it pristine original example or maybe fake. Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.  

Last edited by rbminis; 11-10-2018 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.
    P
    Many

Can't provide a definitive answer on the authenticity of this cross, but it looks okay. Not so sure about the box.

My one and only cased example (unmarked) for comparison. It appears to have the same pin/catch setup. The box looks slightly different, but there are a few variations of case for the E.K.I.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, real or fake.

Regards, B.B.

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Leo
    ?

Thank you BrodieBartfast. I appreciate your reply. Beautiful Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse badge you got there. Any chance you can tell me how much does it weight in grams? I assume they should be in a similar weight! Thank you.

Quote by Leo View Post
    Thank you BrodieBartfast. I appreciate your reply. Beautiful Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse badge you got there. Any chance you can tell me how much does it weight in grams? I assume they should be in a similar weight! Thank you.
    Thank you! I don't have access to anything that I could use to weigh it, unfortunately.

B.B.

A lovely K&Q - '65', nothing to worry about.

Regards,
    Nick

?

The pin is similar like the only ek1 I have,which is unmarked. I judge it as K@Q, but not definitely sure.

?

A really nice K&Q EK1 in very good condition. A great addition to any collection.
    Wilko